Chapter 9 - There's Trouble

'Here you go', I throw some PJ bottoms and a t-shirt over to Charles.

He catches them, thanking me, 'I'd best go get ready for bed then'.

'Me too'.

'Where is the bathroom, Marley?' Charles asks me politely.

'The first door on the left of Dad's bedroom', I point out of my door.

'Thank you', Charles leaves the room, clutching his new clothes close to his chest.

Nerves kicking in and I run over to my bedroom mirror, debating whether to sleep in the smeared makeup that remains on my face from the day. No, that would be silly to do. Quickly, I wipe off the mascara stains and leftover concealer from my face whilst searching for the most subtle but sexiest pair of PJs I own.

I settle for a red satin set, bottoms not too short but just short enough and a shirt which rests just above my hips. Trying to calm the adrenaline surging through my body, I brush my hair and put it up in a messy bun and before I could check myself out, Charles returns to the room.

His eyes desperately want to gaze down at me but he appears too shy - or too modest. His cheeks flush a little as he makes himself comfortable on my bed, resting his back against one of my bed posts.

'You look comfy', I compliment him, observing that Dad's shirt is a little baggy on his body.

'You look nice, too', he whispers. I catch his eyes fall down for just a moment as he tells me this.

'I wanted to make myself feel nice before bed after the day we've had', I accept his words, 'You sure you're okay in Dad's clothes?'

Charles edges towards me slightly, looking more than content, 'They're fine. But my priority isn't my comfort tonight, it's yours'.

I chuckle with disbelief at his chivalry, 'God, if anyone had told me a week ago that my neighbors would've burned down my garden and punched a whole through my window then who'd come to the rescue would be none other than Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz - I wouldn't have believed them in a billion years'.

'Funny how life works, isn't it?', Charles ponders, 'Think about it, if Toto and I hadn't agreed to give each other lifts that Friday, I would never have been sent to pick you up and take you to Mila's. I never would have fallen-'

My heart aches for him to finish his sentence, 'Go on', I smile.

'I never would have fallen for you'. He admits bravely.

'And I never would have fallen for you, Charles Leclerc'. I do not hesitate. 

We move into each other, exchanging a deep and passionate kiss, filled with the trauma from the day, our aching desire for each other and the need to fall in love again. Charles leads the kiss as usual, lying me down on my back with so much care and I thread my hands around his neck. He straddles me with a look of extreme hunger on his face- one hand behind my head and the other propping himself up on my mattress to look at me possessively. 

Each time we break away for air, he pulls back to study at my body. 'I can't believe my luck, Marley. I want you so much', he tells me, biting his lip as though he is repressing deeper emotion. 'I have fallen for you. I can't seem to get enough, or get close enough to you'.

I look at him stare down at me, everything seems right. 'Let's close some space between us then', I sit up, pulling off his shirt and throwing it down carelessly on my floor. His hair gets messed up in the process, exciting me more.

I peer down seductively at my own shirt, hinting for him to do the same for me. He barely blinks before tearing it from my body, discarding it on top of the clothes already dashed on the floor.