Chapter 21 - Verstappen and the Shots (Party Pt2)

A/N - A longer chapter. Again, this was so much fun to write and it seemed to have just gotten crazier and crazier as the night, well, early morning, progressed.

What do you think of Max's new persona? Enjoy xo

Warnings - light emetophobia warnings, lots of alcohol consumption, some intense scenes towards the end of the chapter.

Playlist -
1- Rhythm Is A Dancer - Corona
2 - What Is Love - Haddaway
3- Freed From Desire - Gala
4 - Better Off Alone - Alice Deejay
5 - It's Like That - Run DMC, Jason Nevins

*******

'I love you. Did you think I was good?' I run to my boyfriend, unsteady.

'Very good', Carlos chips in, clapping for me as I take an exaggerated bow.

I look to Charles- he does not look the most amused. 'Baby, you won P2 today. Celebrate!' I remind him of his successes.

'I am, I am', he smiles, 'I just don't want you getting hurt'.

'I'm absolutely fine. Max literally won Monaco today and he still wouldn't loosen up. Just look at him now', the three of us look to Max, who is dancing with Danny and Lewis to Lando's next remixed song choice - Rhythm is a Dancer.

'I see', Charles laughs, 'Fuck it, Carlos can take us home later', he says, leaning to his right and filling up his cup.

'That's my man', I kiss his cheek, leading him to the dance floor whilst Carlos whines about always having to be the responsible one.

'Hi, Charles', Max shouts to him, 'We did so good today!'.

'I know', Charles responds, still laughing from Max's colorful appearance, 'Love the glasses'.

I let the two of them catch up and warm Charles to the dance floor.

'So, Danny', I dance with him, taking his hands as we lower to the floor in the midst of hysterical laughter, 'How you doing?'

'Drunk and happy', he responds as we rise back to our feet.

'Me too'.

'You and Charles are great together.'

'I know', I admire him over my shoulder.

'In fact, I have something I need to do', he runs over to Lando and speaks something into his ear.

The music fades out and the high pitched tone of the microphone screeches through the air, pausing all conversation and dance. Daniel clears his throat, 'Hi, everyone. Thanks for coming', he begins. 'I'd just like to interrupt your dance moves, especially you, Max, to make a little announcement.

Oh, here we go. I know what this is gonna be about.

'I just want to direct your attention towards a lovely lady here, Marley. And her lovely partner I'm sure you're already familiar with, Charles Leclerc. Well done for today, buddy'.

I look to Charles, who is smiling over to me with pride then back over to Danny. He reaches out his hand for me to take and leads me to the front of the living room, right in front of the well set up DJ set. I notice all the people from the dining room have leaked into this room, including Pierre and Mila, to pay attention - thank god for neon lights right now.

I wave sweetly to the crowd of people. Most of these faces are familiar, there is not one F1 driver I haven't seen yet. Esteban and Oscar wave wildly to us.

Daniel passes the microphone to Charles and soft music begins playing in the background - Lando setting the scene.

'Yes, it's true. This lady here is my girlfriend', Charles holds my hand high like a champion. I feel exposed but I've recently learned how to adjust to the feeling of being in the spotlight - alcohol working wonders on relaxing my nerves too, though.