Chapter 18 - Race Day - Monaco GP

A/N - a rather long chapter but so much happens during this Monaco GP. Who will win?? Comment your opinions before reading!👀♥️

Playlist -
1- Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better - Felix Jaehn, Jasmine Thompson
2- Gotta Get Thru This - Daniel Bedingfield
3- World, Hold On - Bob Sinclar

Today is the day of the Monaco Grand Prix. Mila and I spent the morning with Toto and the boys of Mercedes and Ferrari. Paparazzi is at an all time high, which I suppose would be expected on Race Day. They all waited outside the building the time we ate breakfast.

I haven't said aloud to anyone, except my best friend, that I strongly sense Red Bull will win today's race. Max Verstappen has been unstoppable since the beginning of this season, and with his teammate, Daniel Ricciardo, in P8, it may not be unfair to say Charles could be knocked down a few positions. 

The Ferrari strategists have been making some strange moves this season so in order to win, Charles needs to stand his ground - this could mean disobeying his team.
Although, I do have a good feeling in my stomach, but this may only be the excitement of having the opportunity to attend a Monaco GP as a certified WAG.

On the other hand; Mercedes. Lewis is more than capable of maintaining his position in P2 - he may even be able to overtake Max but I don't feel like this is a possibility today considering Monaco is a nearly impossible track to overtake at. George will definitely climb higher from his position nonetheless.

'I feel so nervous', I tell Mila, stroking my stomach whilst smoothing down my button up shirt.

We're both together in the paddock today. Last night she told me that she'd read some articles online, all of them were positive; everybody knows Mila and I are best friends and I am the one who is dating Charles - everyone already knows she is the daughter of Toto Wolff.

'They're going to do fine', Mila squeezes my hand, 'The race starts soon'.

I sigh, 'I know that. It's just difficult when you're rooting for two teams at once - it's hard to celebrate for one team knowing the other haven't performed as well'.

'I get you. You might be right about Max, though. He's been insane this season. Charles and Lewis are really going to need to push if they want to overtake someone as good as him'.

I laugh, 'You sounded just like your dad then, you know?'

Mila ruffles her wavy hair, 'What can I say? I've been in this business for many years'.

I joke with her, mocking her father.

I pause, 'Oh, God. Is he coming towards us?' I ask, whispering to my best friend.

'Christ. I've never even spoken to him before', Mila panics, squinting her eyes towards the approaching Alpine driver.

'That's Pierre Gasly, right?' I ask, keeping my posture upright.

'Yes', Mila whispers as he's now only a few feet away, 'He's also coming over here with Lando.'

'Hello', Pierre greets us both, 'It's nice to meet you. You must be Marley?' Pierre takes my hand and kisses the back of it gently. I nod, greeting him back. 'And you must be the famous Mila Wolff', he kisses her hand delicately, lingering a little longer in her presence.

I notice Mila's gaze fix on Pierre's for a few seconds longer as Lando Norris introduces himself to me, congratulating me on my newly established relationship with Charles as well as welcoming me to the world of Formula One.

I feel truly warmed by how this community has taken to me so far - I just hope Mila was being truthful about the online articles being positive.

'It's great to meet you both', I tell them.