: :C h a p t e r T w e n t y: :

Whoop! We are currently no

Whoop! We are currently no. 22 in ENEMIESTOLOVERS

Please take a moment to continue supporting this story by,

⭐️Voting⭐️Commenting⭐️Sharing⭐️

M O R G A N

We bandaged Poppy's neck and laid her in front of the fire. India tried to call the Doctor, but he wasn't answering his calls. He must be with the Elders, looking for Eli's body. Little did they know Eli had been here. He had stood in this bar and taken a chunk from Poppy's neck.

Poppy moaned in pain whilst reaching for her neck. She was turning a strange colour of grey as the blood haemorrhaged through the bandages we had placed around her neck.

"Keep still," I said, gently pulling Poppy's hand from her neck. "You mustn't touch that. Rupert and India have gone to fetch the Doctor."

Poppy's pale lips parted, and she whispered, "I'm dying. You heard what Erik said. There is no cure for a vampire bite."

"Don't be silly. It's not a vampire bite. It's just a small nick," I said, placing another wad of gauze over her blood-soaked bandages.

A hand reached out and squeezed my shoulder. It was Erik. He knelt beside me and said softly, "My beloved flame, I must speak to you."

"I don't want to hear it. Poppy is going to be fine," I snapped.

"Please, my heart," he pleaded. "You cannot save a dragon from a vampire. There was no such thing as a vampire dragon. Our two essences of blood and fire cannot co-exist within a single living creature."

"Then how do you explain the dead dragon that bit Poppy and then turned into a swarm of bats to disappear up the chimney," I snapped.

"I don't believe that was truly Eli. It was more likely a vampire shapeshifter who had stolen Eli's visage or perhaps a blood-necromancer using Eli's body as a puppet," Erik countered.

"The vampire said that he could save her. He said-,"

"The vampire is a liar. He will say anything to persuade you to the Mad Prince's court," Erik countered.

"But what if he is telling the truth? What if they can save Poppy?"

"My mate, listen to me. In the early days of the war, when my father was alive, the vampires had tried to turn the Dragons against themselves by converting them into vampires. I remember my father telling me of camps the vampires created to experiment on prisoners of war. Sometimes my father and older brothers would raid these camps. They never found any survivors of the vampire experiments. But they did find the bodies of the prisoners of war. The conversion did something to them. Something that my father and brothers dare not repeat."