02, 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭

Anna took a deep breath and sighed. She had been working at the hospital for just over three months now. She had gotten close to Meredith and Cristina. As well as a couple of others.

George O'Malley had recently been killed in an accident in which he saved a young woman from being hit by a bus. Resulting in him being severely injured. To which he succumbed to his injuries.

Anna didn't know how to feel. But she knew it was heartbreaking. She and George had become close friends. He didn't judge her based off who her brother was.

Anna smiled as she saw Mark who was waiting for her. He had become protective of her since she had started. She looked to him and smiled. "You're waiting for me. Again," she said.

"I know doll. Have to check on my favourite girl."

"Favourite girl huh? Well, you need to stop flirting. And you need to make sure I don't get cut with this merger," Anna said as she looked to him with a grin on her face.

****

"So I spoke to Callie last night. About the Mercy West residents. And they apparently don't suck," Cristina said as she looked to her two friends. "Anna is safe because she's Derek's Neuro prodigy. You're safe because of being married to Derek. Plus angel spawn over here is the one who wants become double board certified Neuro and Peds."

Anna shrugged. It was true that since she had been at Seattle Grace, she had become Derek's go to resident for his surgeries. She had been on Mark's service a couple of times too. And she had loved helping people feel better about themselves.

Meredith nodded. "It's true. And McSteamy also has the hots for her. Have you seen his puppy dog eyes when she's around?"

"Yes. He has to be near her," Cristina said as she looked to Anna.

Anna rolled her eyes. She sighed. "Mark Sloan does not have a thing for me. You're insane," she said as she walked off in front.

****

Anna was sitting on the bench in the locker room. She had been for coffee with Mark before arriving at work. She looked up as Meredith and Izzie walked in.

Anna refused to talk to Izzie since she had arrived. She hated how the other woman assumed that she was a whore that Alex had paid for sex.

Alex hated the tension between his sister and the girl he used to like. But since the situation with Izzie, Alex had been on his sister's side. He wanted to defend her seeing as he hadn't been able to defend her against her ex.

The door opened again and a group of people walked in wearing orange scrubs. One of them with short hair went over to George's and put her stuff in.

"Oh. Hey. You can't put that in there," Izzie said, getting the attention of everybody.

Anna turned and frowned. She didn't like Izzie. But she would protect what little they had left of George. She smiled at the blonde who stood there looking unimpressed.

The woman with short hair turned to look at Izzie. "Oh. They told us to grab a cubby," she said.

Anna nodded. "I'm sure they did. But you literally can't use that one."

Izzie looked to Anna and then to the other woman. "Could you just take your stuff out? There are some empty ones over there. You can use them," she told her.