03, 𝐀 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Anna smiled as she saw Ella. She looked to her. "So. Do you enjoy being here?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

Ella shrugged. "It's different. Most of the people are are just assholes. And I'm not sure they like me," she said.

"I do. And don't worry about it. Izzie Stevens... she's gone now. Doubt she'll be back. She's a toxic little bitch," Anna said.

Ella nodded. She grinned. "Lover boy two o'clock," she said as she walked off.

Anna turned to see Mark Sloan. She smiled. "Well good morning. I hear it's your special day," she said as she took his coffee from him. Frowning as she didn't like the taste. "Why can you not drink a normal coffee?"

"I like my bone dry."

"It's vile. I don't know how you can stand them," Anna said as she walked off.

Missing the way Mark was looking at her. Mark Sloan wanted Anna Karev. And he somehow had to get her.

****

Anna turned and smiled as Ella stood next to her. She smiled and turned back to the chief. They were all in front of the OR board. Mark was standing by her too.

The chief was explaining the new computer model they would schedule the surgeries. And most of the doctors were a little grumpy.

"And to make sure that this is the right decision, I have enlisted one of our own to do a trial run for the last month. Dr Sloan," Webber said, motioning for the doctor to join him.

Mark cleared his throat. Anna bit back a giggle as she saw the look on derek's face. "I know what you're all thinking. It's a machine. It doesn't know me. It doesn't know what I like. But after using this new system for the past month, I gotta say people. I'm a convert," he said.

Anna burst out laughing. Drawing attention from everyone. She felt Bailey slap the back of her head. "Can't keep it together while your boyfriend is talking."

Anna frowned. "Sloan is not my boyfriend. He's a friend."

"Quiet little Karev,"

Anna's eyes widened. She looked to Bailey. "You... you didn't not little Karev me?" She asked.

"I did."

Mark spoke again. "This computer, it knows me better than I know me," he said.

Derek shook his head and sighed. "Chief. This thing has rearranged my schedule for the entire week," he told him. He looked around. "I mean haven't we had enough change here already?"

Everyone started mumbling. Webber stopped them however. "Change is good. Embrace it," he told the doctors before he walked off.

Mark walked over to Anna. He looked to the blonde. "So did you enjoy my speech?" He asked, standing behind her.

Anna shrugged and smiled. "Well it wasn't too bad. I don't think I caught your good side though," she said with a tilt of her head.

****

Anna and Ella were standing in the CT room with Mark and Derek. Anna's eyes were on the large tumour. Mark looked to Derek. "You what this is about right?" He said, earning just a hum from Derek. "You're no longer daddy's favourite. So you've gone in search of some crazy ass tumour to get his love back."