09, 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

TW
mentions of child abuse
****

Anna laid in bed as she looked to her phone. She all but threw it down when she saw who had text her. She couldn't go through all of that again.

She had escaped her ex. And now he was texting her. Telling her how much he missed her. Anna couldn't handle him again. Not when things were too hard for her.

Anna missed Mark. She missed him more than she thought possible. But he had slept with Addison Montgomery. And Anna felt as though she would never be good enough for him.

She felt as though she needed to somehow move on from it all. She needed to move on from Mark Sloan.

****

Anna was sitting in bed. She had been trying to resist the urge to text Mark. She didn't know why. But she found herself thinking about him. Despite all that had gone on, she knew she still loved him.

The door opened and Ella walked in. She smiled as Jackson was behind her. "You okay Anna?" She asked.

"No. I've been tempted to text Mark. And give into him. But I can't do that," Anna mumbled.

Ella rolled her eyes. She looked to her. "He cheated on you. You're too good for him."

"No I'm not."

Ella could see how Anna was struggling with the break up. She felt bad for her. "How about you join me and Alex at Joe's tonight? Show off your hair and find a guy to hook up with. Do what Mark does?"

Anna shook her head. "I can't do that. Because I love him too much."

Ella sighed. She knew that things were hard for her. And she had no idea how to help her.

****

Meredith walked into the bedroom where Anna and Elle were. "I need you both to be girls for me," she said.

"We are girls Mer."

"He wants me to have a baby."

Anna's eyes widened. She looked to her. "Oh wow. Do you want to have a baby?" She asked.

Meredith scoffed. "A baby doesn't want me. I had the worst mother in the world. I would be the worst mother in the world," she told them.

Anna smiled. "I've never thought about having a baby."

The door opened and Derek walked in. Alex was hanging his head out of the shower. "Anna, you know that your brother is here," Derek said.

Anna nodded. "Alex. Yeah."

"No. Aaron."

Anna paled. She didn't know why her other brother was here. But she knew it wasn't good.

"Alex is the oldest, then me. Then Annabelle. And then Amber. Amber's graduating from St. Savior's in May. She's smart, like Alex and Anna. She could go to college if she wanted to, but she's like, "what's the point? " you know? And I don't know what to tell her. Alex and Anna are the doctor in the family. I just move people for a living," Aaron said.

Anna walked into the kitchen. Aaron turned to her. "Well if it isn't Annabelle. Hello sister."

Alex looked to his brother. "Hey. What are you doing here?" He asked.