011, 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Anna sat on her bed and groaned. She had been stupid and slept with Mark again. The door opened and Ella walked in. "Annabelle Karev."

Anna blinked as she sat up. She looked to Ella. She groaned. "What did i do?" She asked.

"Well. You didn't come home. And then you had sex with Mark. Again," Ella said as she sat on the bed next to her best friend. She sighed. "Are you Sloan together or what?"

Anna sighed and shrugged. "I honestly don't know. After what happened with my brother Aaron, I don't know what's going on with us. You and my brother still giving each other the lovey dove eyes?"

Ella sighed and smiled. "It's complicated. I like him. A lot. But I just don't know if he's completely over Izzie. I want us to work. He means so much to me. And he's amazing. But part of me feels like I'm just his back up," she said.

Anna shook her head. "That's crap El. I see the way he looks at you. He never looked at her like that," she told her.

"And how does he look at me?"

Anna smiled. "Like how I wish someone would look at me."

****

Anna walked into the hospital. Ella walked over to her as she had arrived before Anna to spend some time with Alex. "Hey. We have sensitivity training. Courtesy of McDreamy," she said.

Anna blinked a couple of times. She groaned. "Since when did I need sensitivity training? I built a crib for my sort of boyfriend's pregnant teenage daughter. I helped deliver said baby. That's as sensitive as you can get."

"Speaking of Sloan."

Ella walked off as Anna turned to see Mark. She smiled. "Oh. Hi. How's Sloan?" She asked.

"Her mom took her back with her. Thought I'd check how you're doing," Mark said as he looked into her eyes.

Anna smiled. "I'm okay. I'm strong remember. Are things going well with Teddy?"

Mark knew he didn't want to be with Teddy. Or anyone else. He wanted Anna. But he knew she wouldn't want him back. "We both know there's nothing going on with me and Teddy."

"Good. That's good."

****

Anna yawned as she sat in the lab for the sensitivity training. She was bored and tired. "When is this torture going to end?" She mumbled as she looked to Ella.

Ella smiled as she looked to Jackson. "Wake up."

Bailey turned to them. "Huh, reaction, observation, communication, any questions so far?"

Everyone but Anna all raised their hands. She wanted to be anywhere but there.

"We are doing this because chief Shepherd suggests we brush up on our patient sensitivity skills, that's why. And it just so happens, this morning was a very good time; besides, half of you were raised by wolves."

Anna raised her eyebrows and smiled. "If we're being technical, I was raised by Alex Karev. But if you say so," she said.

Bailey glared at Anna. "You're not funny Karev. Keep your face impassive. Whether prompted by a patient's appearance or lab results, facial expressions of surprise, concern, disgust, and etcetera can be counterproductive." Uh, la la la la la ... Jokes. Don't make jokes about patients, not in front of them, not even in private," she told them.

Cristina raised her hand. Anna turned to her. She rolled her eyes. "Course it's you," she said.

"Yang?"