013, "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮"

Anna was sitting in therapy with Dr Perkins. She had been through a lot lately. Mostly down to the shooting. "Did you hear that Dr Yang and Dr Hunt are getting married?" Anna asked the therapist.

"I did."

Anna nodded. "It's pretty great huh? It's almost like silver lining. You know, I read some stuff. About trauma. And how sometimes people just up and change their lives. They say trauma was the best thing that could've happened to them. You know, like Dr Shepherd this morning. Did you hear that he's not chief anymore?" She said.

Dr Perkins looked to her. "And how have you been Dr Karev? You've been through a lot since I last saw you. You watched your brother come close to dying."

****

Andrew looked to the group of people in the room. "Does, uh, anyone have anything to say? I know that a lot of you are only here because this has been mandated. So let's talk. Anything at all?" He asked.

Cristina looked up and spoke. "I ate a really good taco from one of those food trucks. By the side of the road," she told them.

Meredith turned to her. "When?"

"Last night. You were asleep."

"Which truck? The one on 7th?" Jackson asked.

Alex looked up and spoke. "I want to try those. I like tacos."

"Me too."

Cassie sighed. "I read a book. About the history of mass murders in the US. That's...that's the actual name of what happened to us. It was a mass murder. You can't call it a terror attack, because the murders weren't political in Nature. And we weren't the victims of a serial killer. Because Mr Clark would've had to murder several people over a period of 30 days in order to qualify him as a serial killer. We could define it as a spree killing. Which is defined as killings at two or more locations. With no break or pause in between, because Mr Clark shot that guy in his car before he got here. But I'm not sure that counts as a true second location because it was so close to the hospital. Which means that we were a mass murder. Because it happened at one place, by one person. And more than four people were killed," she said.

Alex looked to his sister. He hadn't talked to her since the shooting. He hadn't talked to Ella either.

He had been pushing them away. Knowing he didn't want to tell them how he was really feeling.

****

Anna was sitting with Ella. Ella had taken some time off since the shooting. She had lost the baby she was carrying.

No one knew about it. It was something she had kept to herself.

Anna looked to her and smiled. She sighed. "How are you doing?" She asked.

Ella shrugged. "Alex isn't talking to me. I don't know what I've done wrong. But he hasn't talked to me since the shooting. I miss him. But I'm not going to beg him to talk to me. He knows where I am. I won't seek him out."

Anna smiled. "It'll be okay. You're strong. And I can see it. I can see you and my brother having cute babies. Obviously auntie Anna will be their favourite family member."

Ella looked to her. Not wanting to talk about how she had actually lost a baby. "You were committed. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Mark put me there."

"Have you even talked to him since you came back?" Ella asked as she looked to her.

Anna shook her head. "I don't know what I'm meant to say. Too much happened there. I just feel as though it's all too much. I miss him so much. And I just feel like maybe I need to think about it."