08, 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬

Anna stood in the bathroom in Meredith's house. She was planning on colouring her hair. She wanted to move on. From Mark. She was angry still.

She hated how he had sex with Addison. Then he returned home and had sex with her.

She felt used. She was going to colour her hair to forget all that had happened.

"Anna?"

"Yeah?"

Ella opened the door. She saw Anna there with the hair dye. "What are you doing?" She asked as she looked to her daughter.

Anna smiled. "Colouring my hair. Figured I could do with a change. I mean, I'm newly single. And I have to go back to work where I'm going to see my mom ex boyfriend and think about the woman who he almost had sex with," she said.

Ella sighed. She knew she was worried about Anna. And how she was dealing with Mark's cheating.

Anna looked to her. She smiled. "Look El. I know you don't understand. You're happy with my brother. But my blonde hair was what attracted Mark to me. But if it's brown, he won't want me. That's what I want. I want him to not want me. Because then he'll keep pulling and then I'll go back to him."

Ella saw how Anna hadn't been sleeping. She sighed. "If this will make you happy, go for it."

"Thank you. I'm an adult. Don't really need your permission to colour my hair," Anna said as she started the process in colouring her hair.

****

Callie walked into Mark's apartment. She saw him working out. "Today... feels like the day to me. I think by the close of business today, I've got cartilage in the bottle," she said.

Callie turned to see Mark who looked miserable. She frowned as she looked to him. "What's with you?"

"You and Derek. You're all "don't screw the nurses and the drug reps". You did a psych rotation. You know what happens when you tell someone to not think about an elephant? You spend a lot of time thinking about an... I walk around the hospital. Trying not to make eye contact with the women. I'm... lonely and unhappy. I don't see how this is a solution," Mark said.

Callie rolled her eyes. "Find a grown up who wants what you want. And date. Like a grown up. Anna's too young for you. She won't want what you do."

"I don't know what that means. And she built a crib. So maybe she does."

****

Alex looked to his sister and frowned as he saw how she had dyed her hair. "Anna. What the hell have you done?" He asked.

"I changed it. I felt like I needed a change," Anna said.

"I don't like it."

Anna rolled her eyes but smiled. "Well guess what. I don't like your face. But here we are," she said as she smiled.

Alex knew that this had happened all because of Mark Sloan. He knew he had warned Anna against him. But she never listened. She never did.

"Just be careful Anna. I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine."

****

Mark looked to see a brunette standing at the nurses station. He walked over and smiled. "Well I don't think we've met before."

Anna turned to Mark. His eyes widened. "What did you do?" He asked as he ran his hand through her hair.

"I cut it. And I coloured it. Blonde hair is what made you fall in love with me. So figured if I changed it, you wouldn't want me," Anna said with a shrug. "Hang on. You were about to hit on me."