026, 𝐈𝐯𝐲-𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐚

Ivy-Lila lay in the NICU. Ella sat by her incubator and smiled. "You need to get bigger now sweetie. Auntie Ella needs her cuddles with her favourite girl," she said.

****

Ella walked into Anna's room. She looked to her and smiled. "Hey. You okay? You're not pushing yourself are you?" Ellie asked as she sat down.

Anna shrugged and sighed. "I just want to see my baby girl. I'm missing her. And I've never even seen her," she said.

Before Ella could speak, the door opened. Mark walked in and smiled. "Good morning. Baby report. Boom," he said.

Arizona looked to Anna. "I'm gonna go see her," she said as she walked out.

Anna smiled to Mark. "Hey. You're awesome she said. She saw how Mark had a picture "Oh, gimme, gimme, gimme!"

Mark showed her the photo. "See? She's moving her arm like she's waving. She still doesn't open her eyes, but she only stopped breathing once last night. And get this ... her brain bleed's still grade 1," he told her.

Anna smiled. "Good girl. She looks bigger. Is she bigger?" She asked.

Bailey walked in. She looked to him. "All right. Some of us are still working. Let me get in there, please," she told them.

Mark nodded. He turned to Anna. "Okay, I have a consult. I have to go. How are you?" He asked. Knowing he still loved her. And he wanted her to be okay.

Anna nodded. "Um ... I almost got my hand straight."

"That's great mm-hmm. I'll see you later doll," Mark said as he walked out of her room.

Anna nodded. "Yeah," she said as Mark left. She turned to Bailey. "So today? I can see her today?"

Bailey shook her head. "I'm sorry. No."

"But until..."

"No. You can be mobilized and your infections are completely gone, you cannot see her, and she cannot leave the NICU. Now you know I would if I could," Bailey said. She knew that she felt bad for Anna not being able to see her little girl.

"Mm. Mm-hmm

"Right? You know that, ri...," bailey said. "Kepner. Mm-hmm. Tell her I would. Mm-hmm."

Ella smiled to her best friend. "She would if she could," she told her.

Anna tried to give Bailey the finger. Bailey turned to her. "Are you giving me the finger?" She asked.

Anna nodded. "Yes, I am," she said as she tried to shrug. 

Bailey smiled. "Good job."

****

Ella looked to see Alex as he walked over to her. He smiled. "How is she?" He asked.

Ella sighed as she looked to him. She's your sister. And you haven't been to see her since she woke up," she told him.

"How is she?"

"She's fine. She wants to see the baby. But she can't. Not yet. There's still a chance of infection," Ella said.

Alex nodded. "Keep me informed."

"Or you could go and see her. She asked about you."

"I can't."

****

Ella was checking on Anna. She smiled. "Hey, it's healing pretty well, and maybe in a couple of days, you can try sitting up by yourself," she told her.