Chapter 15: The Beginning

Location: Occupied Topa, New Berngen, 3rd civilized area
23rd August, 1632, 2:51 AM

A Medieval city that has some of the modern look to it, the Castle has been modified to be able to set up a artillery on it. A big airship flying over the city, shining lights everywhere, and the most intrigued thing is the giant machine, patrolling around the city, it got four legs, red banner of Parpaldia fly high on the machine.

It the secret weapon of Parpaldia, the Ancient Intelligence, is what they name it. The machine got no one controlling it, it move on it own like it has it own life. The Parpaldia found this ancient technology during their time of conquering, which is why they're able to control the entire 3rd civilized area.

The city walls is heavily fortified and life condition in the city is very bad, being monitored 24/7, disease, starvation and fear of getting invade by demons. Parpaldian treated Topa citizen like it a different human being. Many knights decided to join with a Parpaldia army to not be under the harsh rule.

On the watch tower the light were shining at the outside of the walls.

"Is this really necessary? The demons that attacked us are just small numbers of goblin which is weak compared to the weapon we have"

"Sure, if the demon armies or demon lord show up, we can obliterate them in a blink of an eyes"

"That's remind me, have you heard of a folk lore here? About the emissaries of old?" He asked.

"You mean, that 'Emissaries of the Sun god'? The one that possessed Iron island and divine ship that fly half the speed of sound? Oh yeah, i think it just a fairy tale"

"Aren't they said, there is a surviving 'divine ship' of emissaries in Rodenius?"

"Did you actually believe that? No way that's real" he brushed it off.

The awakening of Demon lord is yet to reached them.

Location: Jomir village, Occupied Topa, 3rd civilized area
23rd August, 1632, 4:11 AM

A horde of demons can be seen marching through the Topa's channel, a goblin, an orc, wild beastmen, troll and wyverns. These demons are more and properly equipped from what people has ever seen, goblin got an armor and a spear, orc has a knight armor and battle axe or just a warhammer, while wild beastmen and troll are not equipped with anything.

The demon's wyverns were far powerful than what human could breed, the civilian of the village begin to freak out at the sight of the horde, they hastily packed their stuff and run or ride on a carriages.

"Hey, Ford. Send this message to the garrison! Let the Parpaldian know that a horde of demon is going toward them!" Major said to Ford, his subordinate.

"Yes, Major! I will not disappoint you!" Ford said as he run out.

He get on his horse and hurrying to the gate of the world. He look back at the village just to see it burned, those that don't run away got captured as a livestock. Ford reached New Berngen and quickly run to Parpaldia headquarters. He slammed the door in.

"Excuse my manner!" He shouted and bowed down.

"You know, that door is expensive right? Say what you need to say, make it quick" Parpaldian officer said.

"My sincerely apologies! But the demon lord army is advancing toward the gate!" He shouted.

Parpaldian officer started to get annoyed by Ford's voices. He sighed.

"Fine, i will tell my men to be ready"

He walked out. Ford looked at the Parpaldian officer all the way, 'our pride must be ruined by greedy superpower, how shameful' he thought.