Chapter 30: Devil dogs

Location: Jimgart, Tenasea kingdom, Parpaldia empire
30th August, 1632, 9:10 AM

Tenasea and his mens finally marched through the height and now settled on the hills ahead of Jimgart. He is currently observing the US marines for the past few hours ever since he came here, their movement did not represented those from other babarian nation at all yet their numbers is too few.

"This is just concerning. Those lots doesn't even look like an actual army, look at them scattered around the field" He said.

"I was thinking the same thing my lord. I personally expected a line of infantry came to greet us at the hills side, this is just below my expectations" His second in command replies.

The tactics they deploy was just trench, the babarian from eastern world should not have known about this. The enemies just stood still there not making a move like a predator waiting for their preys to be caught off guard.

"That plane have been above us for a while now, i wonder if it one of their weapons" Tenasea said as he look up to the skies.

RF-4 is flying over Parpaldian forces, giving them some anxiety if it were to attack them but apparently it just for reconnaissance and unarmed version of F-4 Phantom. While the pilot giving the information to the Marines on a ground, the Parpaldian got drive into confusion. 2 hours had passed and still no movement detected from neither side. Artillery brigade from the rear was informed to fire a warning shot at US Marines in order to gain some sort of reaction.

First shots is fired and shells landed in the forest, 340 meters away from the city. No reaction.

"Huh.. they apparently did not cared. These foes is not like a normal babarian, those guys should be panicked almost immediately after such warning shots"

"Tell the artillery brigade to focus fire on their position, we'll dig in for a seige"

And they do just that, the artillery bombard the Marine position with utmost firepower. The marines did not back down either.

"Ready the howitzer! We will give them the taste of their own medicine!"

15 howitzer elevated the barrel, the crews walk around the field check their surrounding before shouting.

"Begin firing at moment notice!"

"Sir yes sir!"

Every batteries is armed at hands, now ready to fire upon their enemie's position.

"Fire!"

The howitzer fired it shell, the dust was kicked up from the shockwave. The shells travel through the roof of the forest and then through the skies before finding their mark on Parpaldia artillery position 4 out of 15 destroyed the designated targets. The mortars then begin firing on the ground troops with furious firing rate that the quickest hands of Parpaldia can't compared.

The artillery still fire all days long without any signs of resting. Until 6:27 PM the Parpaldian troops begin their first charge, composing of over 12,000 mens. Charging the American lines. Their armored vehicles charge with infantry, the Marine opened fires. M1 Abrams quickly made a disposed of Parpaldian armored vehicles and hails of machine gun fire forced the charging mens retreated. First charge failed.

Second charges came another days this time with more men than the first charge. The results is the same, Second charges failed. At night the Marine organized a night raid on Parpaldia lines and at a lighting speed, they cleared the frontline in hours. Reminder of 1918, in belleau woods. The battle which make them gained fame, the battle that make US Marines and a battle that make their enemies fear their names, they are Devil dogs and now they're asserting it upon their new foes.