Chapter 38: Invincible

Location: Ganzir bastion, Parpaldia empire, 3rd Civilized area
9th September, 1632, 5:00 AM

"They-! They are coming in!" Parpaldian soldier shouted in panic infront of the advancing American tanks.

Metal screeches of their was once to be the invincible weapon obtained from ancient one, it was destroyed by the enemies might anyways. The once invincible bastion is now penetrated, on the 9th September, 1632 marked one of the biggest battle in Eastern region.

Building falled, like it the end of the world. Ash filled the air from all the bombing, Parpaldian troops scattered left and right they have no knowledge of enemies weapons. The fear of the unknown is what get to them.

"You can't be kidding-" Celiné flabbergasted.

The American initiate an all out offensive on them, how could they hope to stop this? Sabot shells then graze her tank and tilt it around, snapping her out of the thinking.

"Retreat!" She ordered.

A propeller sound in the skies, it the airship! It bombard American lines before getting shot down by a missiles, two more come in to bombard American before being shot down not long after. With the forcing of officer, some infantry begin charging against the enemies but is mowed down quickly. Their manpower is being wasted.

Under order of Valgrin, they start a large counter attack. Overwhelmed the American with numbers. That would not work so well with the sheer firepower of US Army and continuous air strike on strategic location. Parpaldian was scared, scared like never before. But well if they don't show mercy when taking away Eagle's nest, then the Eagle will not have any mercy with them too.

Location: Pentagon, United States of America
9th September, 1632, 6:00 AM

"We're going to have trouble with this one"

The satellite image showed the continent of Philade.

"We don't have enough satellite to cover it 24/7, there's an hour delay on information which could be bad for our ground forces"

They focused on the sneaking Soviet plane flying over Philade and Alaska.

"This is supposedly from 4 days ago, Soviet transport fly over Alaska and into Philade we don't know what is their intentions. Tell the command to have caution about this as something has probably landed on our battlefield"

"Understood" one of the military officer replies.

He then change a topic to the on-going battle and the rescue mission.

"Due to an hour delay, we cannot provide our ground forces real time information and supposedly sustained some casualties due to this. We can't take this lost"

Another agent proposed his idea.

"I suggest we send in more reconnaissance aircraft, in contrast to our lack of satellites"

"We did that but logistics problem is what get to us, only 10 or 20 Recon plane can be sent into the skies at maximum"

"That's... That is a serious problem"

He scratches his head. Not sure what to do next.

"Wait, didn't we rescue the prisoners out already? Won't we just make them surrender now?"

"How would you do that?"

"Directly bomb their capital"

Everyone in the room expected that someone would said this, some agent slam his fist on the table in objection.

"That just gonna turn public opinion against us even more! It will definitely prolong the war that we can't keep up.. you want this to be a repeat of Vietnam?"