Chapter 25: Prophecy

Location: Port city of Vincent, Parpaldian empire, Third Civilized area
26th August, 1632, 11:00 AM

Parts of city got turned into rubbles from the bombardment of USS Missouri, American military set up a base from the resources they're able to find even though there's some problem with the locals. More than 11,400 American soldiers in the city, it may be a small numbers for the standard of this new world but more than enough for standard of Earth. The formerly most powerful army from the God's green Earth find itself among unfamiliar faces, it make the soldiers nervous that this is the first time they took part in a big war, let alone in another planet.

Looking out at the vastness of the plains that seem to stretches out endlessly, bird fly high above them. The soldiers question themselves 'will they ever have a chance to go back to where they came from?' to see their relative once again. If 'God' existed why would he send them to this another world. What kind of power this world had in order to make 'God' so terrified. Or it was just their deception. But from the edge of the sky and above the heaven, an eyes were watching their every moves from the darkness of space and time. A terrifying power that could make an angle fall to their knees.

Back to reality. American soldiers could see a train moving from very far ahead he shout out.

"Enemies reinforcement incoming! ETA 5 hours!"

No one had a frightened looks whatsoever, instead they are very chill on the situation ahead of them.

"Seriously? Which era do they think they're from? Still using train to transport the soldier" One of them said in slightly mocking tones.

"I mean, they literally what 19th century French look like. It better to not underestimate them, they might have something else hidin' in their arsenal" another guy replies.

Other soldiers agreed with him. It better to not underestimate the enemies, basically 'be safe not sorry'. With all their gears, it presumably that they will face little to no threat from the Parpaldian empire, the only thing they're concerned of is numbers. Throughout the history on Earth, numbers has been significant advantage for one's army, no matter how advance you are if you got outnumbered you will still lose.

"Check the cables and detonator. We don't want to doom ourselves from the malfunction" Lieutenant colonel, John brown said to the engineer.

"Yes, sir!" The engineer run off.

Ever since they've captured the port city 'Vincent', they got many preparation since then. American forces operated carefully in the city and this is one of them, they planted around 6 lbs worth of C4 on the railways just right at the outskirts of the city. No train will definitely survive that.

Location: 127 miles outside the city, Mayara railroad, Parpaldia empire
26th August, 1632, 1:07 PM

More than 50,000 soldiers were sent to put down the invaders, both fresh and old are heading toward port city of Vincent. This antique looking train is moving at the speed of around 30 miles per hours, which considered very fast for uncivilized world standard and above average for the standard of other civilized area. The train is propelled by steam engine like other locomotive in Parpaldia empire, the discovery of steam power changed Parpaldia forever is not an entirely exaggeration. They basically utilize it in everything both civilian and military uses.

Parpaldia never consider themselves using oil for fuel as it is very hard to find in the Third Civilized Area. They could've establish trade with Mu but the distance between the two is too great which would make Parpaldia faces a shortage of fuel. And Holy Milishial only export magic components and magic gems which is too isn't much of a great deals as Parpaldia empire ditched most of it magical weaponry and focus more on mechanical science like Mu. It still trade with Holy Milishial for the R-12 Magic rifle, that is only until they can produce a standard issue weapon of their own.