Extended Epilogue: The Engagement

The sea always used to scare me, which is why I never learned how to swim. Don't get me wrong . I love going to the beach and watching the sun set over the horizon. It's just swimming and being on a boat that scares the crap out of me. This is why I am currently throwing anxious looks at the dark waves surrounding our 'boat'. It's actually a superyatcht,one of the largest in the world, with 18 luxury suites . If it wasn't so huge and gave me the feeling of being in a seaside hotel, I might have never gotten on board it. Another reason was the yachts' handsome and infuriatingly stubborn owner who was also the man I was in love with.

Aiden dropped a kiss on my shoulder before wrapping his arms around me from behind. " A penny for your thoughts," he whispered into my ear. " I am wondering if there are sharks roaming around here and if this yacht sinks what would happen to me," I shuddered. " The sharks will have quite a feast," he chuckled. I was about to roll my eyes and laugh it off when an unpleasant thought crossed my mind. Was he implying that I am overweight?

" What's wrong?" Aiden frowned.

" My butt has gotten bigger, right? Probably, because I sit in the office all day." I was babbling nervously.

" You have a perfect butt sweetheart. I will love it even if it gets bigger than the Titanic.  But what has gotten into you these days? You were never conscious of your body before."

I didn't know how to answer that, at least not without sounding insecure. After Aiden had accepted my proposal, I was constantly overthinking all the ways that our wedding could go wrong.  I don't have a lot of friends. What if no one shows up to the wedding bedsides Aiden's acquaintances? What about the press constantly writing about us? Someone spread the rumor that I was only getting married to Aiden so he could fund my business.  Others wrote about my average looks.  According to them, Aiden was only marrying me because he had promised  his sister to take care of me .

Let's just say that all my past insecurities had resurfaced with the appearance of body issues that I was never plagued with. There was also the question of our wedding night. I had decided to be a good girl and listen to my traditional mom regarding ' waiting till marriage '. Now I was scared that Aiden might get a fright from seeing me without my clothes.

" It's nothing by the way I am hungry . " I pouted, trying to distact Aiden .

" Just an hour, sweetheart . The chef is preparing something special for us . Why don't you rest for a bit ? " He pushed me in the direction of my room.

I gasped as I saw what was waiting for me on the bed. There was a gorgeous navy blue mermaid silhouette dress embellished with sequins. Lying above, it was a set of earrings and a necklace studded with what appeared to be sapphires surrounded by tiny diamonds. 

I  step outside to find the deck decorated with little fairy lights, and there's a table decorated with the biggest red roses and lit with candles. Sitting at the table is none other than Aiden in a stylish black tux, his eyes gleaming with adoration and a hint of possessiveness as he looks at me.

" Aiden, what is all this ? My voice sounds breathless . He takes me in his arms and kisses my forehead.

" I know you have already proposed to me, and we are already engaged, but it hurt my masculine pride that I never got to propose to you . So now I want to do this the old-fashioned way.  He got down on one knee. " Sarah Summers, will you marry me ?" He opens the velvet lined box, and shining beneath its tiny led light is a ring shaped like a rose in bloom. It's a delicate thing, nothing too ostentatious, and was a testament to how well Aiden knows me. I always had a fascination with roses. This one was a delicate thing made of rose gold and its perfectly shaped petals embedded with diamonds.