And It Just Keeps Getting Worse

Present Day
" Are you sure you are not insane ?!" I shouted. " The police had concluded that my brother was dead !"

" The police are a bunch of good-for-nothing lowlives who - -". Aiden stopped mid-sentence on noticing the police officer standing some distance away. However, the guy merely looked terrified, instead of offended at Aiden's outburst.

" Your brother's body was never found. " Aiden hissed at me.

" The police had concluded that it may have been washed away by the river. It was a miracle that Arriana's body was even found considering how fast that river flows. "

" Don't take my sister's name from your filthy mouth !" Aiden growled at me. All signs of his gentlemanly ways were gone to reveal the beast within.

" You keep forcing me to mention her name you psychopathic scumbag !" I cried just as ferociously.

" Call her Ms. Victor !"

" Her name was changed to Mrs.Summers before she died. Are you sure you didn't hit your head on something when you were coming here ?!"

" You don't want to cooperate with me, then. Fine. Don't. Your mother would probably need money to bail you out. Money she doesn't have. Unless your brother comes to the rescue. " He sneered.

"I am already keeping an eye on your family's activities. Wherever they arrange the money from, no matter how clever they are about it, I will know. Your brother will be found eventually." He moved to exit the room. I breathed a sigh of relief but he turned back again.

" Oh and keep one thing in mind. Your brother will be found either way. But if you don't tell me his location I will hold you just as responsible for my sister's death. After what I will put you through, you will wish you were dead."

But I already wish I were dead, I thought as I watched him leave. He turned to the meek police officer and I saw him reach into his wallet. He produced what looked like a lot of money and gave it to the sycophant.

"You know bribery is illegal". I shouted.

" Like anyone in this country cares," Aiden smirked in my direction.

" Take care of my precious cargo for me. You know the drill." He told the officer. His words sent a chill down my spine. What did he mean by that?

" If she's willing to talk let me know." And with this, he left.

I soon realized what he said to the officer meant. It was hours and I hadn't been given any food. I had too much pride to ask these assholes for a meal. But I could feel hunger gnawing at my stomach.

"Aren't you people supposed to give me something to eat?"I tried to make my voice sound intimidating, though I probably gave the impression of a scared kitten. The officers just smirked at each other and ignored me. Since I couldn't do anything about my hunger I tried to sleep instead. But just as I was about to dose off someone showed a flashlight into my eyes.

I noticed that somebody had placed a bright flashlight on a stool in front of my cell. As I tried to shift into a position where the light didn't reach my eyes I noticed a female police officer adjusting its position.

"You are doing this on purpose, right? Not letting me sleep is also a part of the plan, isn't it? You are all working for him!" The woman just laughed at this and left. All sleep had left me. I sat in my cell hungry, sleep-deprived, and alone.

I thought of my family. Mom and Sasha had already been through so much. They didn't deserve this. Mom had suffered an angina attack before because of what happened with Sean. The thought of it made panic suddenly surge through my veins.