Who's Aiden Victor ?

Aiden was here. And I had no idea what to do. I felt my friends say something to me. But their voices seemed so far away. My eyes were locked on Aiden. Through my shock and fear, I could barely register anything. Save for the smirk, which slowly spread across his face. He seemed to be enjoying this. He must have sensed my fear.

" Sarah what is wrong with you ?!" Stacy was shaking me by the shoulders now. " I -- I need to go to the bathroom. " I stammered. Then I ran to the restroom as fast as I could. I splashed water on my face, trying to calm my racing heartbeat. My liner started bleeding around my eyes and I probably looked like a raccoon but I didn't care.

I remembered that night from a year ago. To think how simple my life used to be! College had just started and I was relaxing after another hectic day. Mom was massaging my shoulders and I was doing what I did best: whining about my day like the pampered little brat I was.

" Shouldn't you be preparing for that presentation you have tomorrow, instead of getting a shoulder massage from poor mom?"

" Stop being such a buzz kill. Sasha can't you see I am trying to relax?"

" When I was in college, the thought of a presentation won't let me sleep the entire night ."

" You know I don't stress myself over trivial things."

" I don't think you ever stress over anything. You know it's good to take things seriously once in a while."

And with that remark Sasha went back to scanning her magazine for any fresh piece of gossip she could find.

" That's it. I am done with shipping celebrities together. The dating rumours turn out to be fake or they break up after a few months. Or worse they get married and you find yourself idolizing their love story. Only to find them divorcing a few years down the road." Sasha signed.

" Take my advice, Sasha. Only ship couples in K-dramas, less chances of getting your heart broken."

" If only some chaebol heir would come to sweep me off my feet. Hmm, check this guy out. He is the certified most eligible bachelor in town. Think I might have a chance with him?" Sasha passed her magazine to me.

It was the picture of a young man, leaning against a black Ferrari. He was dressed in a sharp black suit. His name was Aiden Victor. According to the article, he must have been only a year older than me. Yet he exuded an air of authority, that you would expect from a company CEO with years of experience. He was listed as Forbes's youngest CEO, who took over his father's company after he died when he was only nineteen years of age.

Victor Enterprises was a name that was known in every household. It was the biggest conglomerate in our country, serving in every sector from energy, weapons to consumer goods. Seeing this young boy doing so much made me feel like a loser. But then again I wasn't born heiress to a billion-dollar empire.

" He's handsome." Mom's tone told me she had already started imagining one of her daughters married to the guy.

" And what are you up to? And what's with all the giggling Sasha ?" Dad dropped in just then.

" Sarah has just found the one." Sasha winked at me.

" You were the one ogling his picture ." I shot back.

Dad just shook his head at our childish banter. As I looked at him, I couldn't help but feel \ pierce my heart like a knife. It was like he was growing weaker every day. Ever since a few years ago, his health had declined. He had given up nearly all of his hobbies. Work and rest were usually the only things he did, besides sometimes talking to me about politics. I showed him the article on Aiden Victor.