The End

Sarah's POV

The prosecutor a man in his forties , his hair glued to his scalp with too much gel started making his case. His whole focus was on making it look like I had killed Sheridan to avenge my father. He even stooped so low as to imply that the grief of losing my dad and Sean one after the other might have made me deranged and capable of violence.

I wanted to punch him in the face but was forced to suppress my anger. The effort of it made me want to cry. I am sure my hot tempered sister Sasha was bearly holding it together. I knew she, mom and Aiden were already here but I didn't dare look at them. I didn't want them to see the fear in my eyes .

Then it was my lawyer's turn. Clara Stewart looked graceful in her sharp black suit and her blonde hair cut in a bob. She gave a pretty good speech and for a while I felt relieved. But then Alyssa was called to testify and I felt I was on the verge of a full blown panic attack. I took slow breaths trying to calm my nerves , hoping Alyssa didn't notice how hard I was trying to keep it together. My dignity was all I had for now.

She took the oath promising to tell only the truth. The judge made it clear to her that she couldn't change her statement after this or she will be liable to perjury. I held my breath bracing myself for all the lies Alyssa was going to spew against me.

Two Days Before...
Aiden's POV

" What if it was someone close to them a family member or someone they cared about? Someone they were willing to forgive."

I was at the prison feeling like my entire world was falling apart. I was supposed to comfort Sarah but I felt she was the one trying to console me. I hadn't been able to find anything on Sheridan. Who shot him and why and whether there was something in it I could use to manipulate Alyssa was all a mystery. But now Sarah's words made sense and I felt a slight ray of hope. I dashed out of the God forsaken place with renewed spirits.

It was Sunday evening the next day Tomorrow morning was the hearing and I had only today to make my move. I sat in my car outside Alyssa Sheridan's clinic. In a while she came out red pencil heels clicking on the floor. There was a bounce in her step and she didn't seem to mourn her husband as much as she took pleasure in her petty act of revenge against Sarah.

" Alyssa!" I shouted as I pulled my car beside her. " Get in , I need to speak with you".

" Not interested . If you want to beg for votes in the shareholders meeting find someone else." She said haughtly and turned away.

" Think again ." I pulled out my gun . Seeing it pointed in her direction all the blood drained from her face along with her arrogance .

" What the hell do you want ?" She settled in to the seat beside me.

" You have a son Tony right? Heard he's majoring in finance which kind of puzzles me really. You can't get a good job in the finance sector with a criminal record."

" My son had no criminal record." Alyssa's face had gone even paler if that was possible.

" Well he's about to have one . For all the marijuana abuse he's been doing for years. Oh and think of the headlines he's going to make when people know he shot his own father. How does it sound? 'Guy shot his own dad just because daddy dearest had confiscated his stash of weed . '

" I don't know what you are talking about ." Alyssa mumbled weakly.

" Maybe these photos would jog your memory. Turns out old habits die hard. Your son was seen purchasing weed from a pretty renowned drug dealer and I managed to catch him on camera yesterday . Oh and I recorded some pretty interesting things his old shrink and some of his high school buddies had to say about him. Money talks literally. You would be surprised to know the number of people who would betray you for a few bucks."