A Deadly Encounter

A Few Days Later

" Guys you have got to come to Sabrina's wedding no buts. " Stacy said as we sat in her spacious living room . Sabrina was Stacy's sister and her forthcoming nuptials were all she could talk about.

" Why don't you tell Sarah about the part where your mom invited Aiden to the wedding as well. " Candice interjected.

" What ?!" I couldn't help but gasp in shock.

Stacy turned to me sheepishly. " I told her not to invite him but she said we were already short of guests on the bride's side and he's the biggest contributor to her charity. "

" Then there's really no point in my coming. You already have a lot of guests to deal with as it is. " I said feeling bummed.

" No please Sarah. Sabrina only has one friend coming to the party. Mom had a quarrel with her sisters so they and my cousins won't be coming either. It's going to be so embarrassing cause the only people we are inviting are mom's colleagues or acquaintances like Aiden. We are not sure they are even going to come. " Stacy looked pleasingly at Candice for some support.

" Look how about this, you act at the wedding just like you do at college. Pretend that Aiden just doesn't exist. We'll just stay away from him and focus on spending quality time together. " Candice said. Stacy gave me the puppy dog eyes and I gave in.

" Did I tell you that you are an awesome friend ". Stacy gave me a tight hug.

" How did your sister's interview go ?" Candice asked.

" Great ". I said. Sasha had been invited on T.V where she shared how Dr.Sheridan mishandled our father's case and the hospital took no action against him, as conveniently for him the hospital's ceo was his wife.

" So you think Aiden had something to do with it ?" Candice asked.

" Yeah it's too much of a coincidence. " I leaned my head against the sofa backrest. In these past couple of days I saw Aiden in class but I didn't speak to him. I don't know what he was thinking. Did he think I would go up to him and confess to crimes I did not commit?

" Elisa Sheridan is a highly influential woman. She's not going to let her husband go to jail all that easily. Only a guy as powerful as Aiden could stand up to her. " Stacy remarked.

" But why is he doing all of this?" Candice asked.

" I am praying it's because he has finally grown a conscience. " I replied knowing how ridiculous I sounded.

Two Weeks Later
The day was finally here. Sabrina looked stunning in a pretty short sleeve lace vintage style wedding dress. When she walked down the aisle with her father I couldn't help the ache in my chest.

My father wouldn't be present at my wedding if I ended up getting married. My wedding day would probably be a torture. Most of it would be spent mourning the things I had lost forever.

All of the bride's maids were dressed in identical lilac colored dresses. The groomsmen in matching black tuxedos. After the bride and the groom's dance it would be our job to take to the dance floor.

Even though I was a clumsy dancer I had nevertheless promised Stacy I would dance at the wedding reception. I was paired with Lucas one of the groom's friends. He was friendly and I had felt comfortable around him during the wedding rehearsal. But as I looked for him I found that he was nowhere to be seen.

" Um Stacy I just got a call from Lucas. His brother's in the hospital. He won't be able to make it today. " Chris the bestman explained sheepishly to a fuming Stacy. I gave an inward sigh of relief. Now I could just sit down and munch on some of the delicacies.