Even Prince Charming needs rescuing sometimes

We started guiding guests to the grand staircase. Hopefully the exits on the floor above would be open. It was utterly chaotic as people pushed past each other. We had to remind them to stay calm and not blindly try to run like a bunch of angry bulls as people could fall and be crushed in the stampede.

I waited at the ground floor until all of the guests had climbed up the staircase and escaped. It was time for me and the other staff members to go ourselves. Suddenly I remembered I had not seen Aiden amidst the people who we had ushered upstairs.

The smoke downstairs was now so dense I couldn't make anything out in the ballroom. " Sarah what are you waiting for ? " One of my colleagues shouted. I started climbing up telling myself that he must have gotten away and I mustn't have seen him in the chaos. But then I remembered Arianna.

She had been nothing but kind to me and Aiden was her brother despite how much I hated him. What would she think of me if I just left without making sure he was OK?

" Just one second ". I turned back and went down the stairs. " Is anyone there ?" I shouted unable to see anything due to the thick blanket of smoke.

I felt footsteps behind me. A man wearing a security guard uniform was coming down behind me.

" What are you doing here ? You should go back up. "
He said. I realized I had seen him before. His name was Zack and he was also new. Not to mention extremely talkative and a little nosy.

" Zack have you seen Aiden Victor ? He was one of the guests. " I was about to describe his appearance but Zack interrupted me.
" Yeah as a matter of fact I was actually looking for him. Pretty important guy I have heard ".

" Then let's go ". I said.

We stepped down into the blazing inferno below. Everything from the exquisite chintz curtains to the elaborately carved oak furniture was on fire. And smoke shrouded most of the surrounding area.

We split scouting the area. Suddenly a hand gripped my shoulder. I gave a yelp only to find that it was Aiden.

" What in the world are you doing here ?" He asked. I noticed that his perfectly styled hair was completely mussed up and clung to his damp forehead. On his shoulder leaned a rather obese looking old woman.

Now I wasn't going to tell him I was looking for him so I turned my attention to the lady.
" Are you alright ma'am ?" I asked.

" Just fell and injured my leg. This gentleman was helping me out. "
She smiled gratefully at Aiden .

" You two should get out of here as quickly as you can. "
I turned trying to find Zack.

" You shouldn't stay here too long. Come with us. " The lady said.

" I just need to find my colleague. I will be in a second.

A few seconds later I saw Zack emerging from the smoke.

" I couldn't find him anywhere ". He looked disappointed.

" That's what I was going to tell you. I have found them. They are safe. " I told him.

" Are they in the building ?"

" I don't know. I told them about the exit at the upper floor. "

" OK great. Um Sarah could you please make sure one more time there's no one down here. I will check on Aiden make sure he's gotten out safely. "

" But there's no one here ". I said

" Actually Fatima is still missing. " He said leaving me in shock. I thought Fatima was safely out.