My Life's A Poorly Written Tragedy

Aiden Victor stood in front of my cell. His appearance contrasts starkly with the drab look of the prison. In fact, he looked like a model for Gucci. His normally tousled hair was slicked back neatly. Dressed in a sharp grey suit, waistcoat, and tie, he appeared like he was coming from a meeting.

I stood up not knowing what to do. He had probably seen how miserable I looked. From the glint in his sapphire blue eyes, he seemed to be enjoying this.

" I can see you have taken quite nicely to your new abode. ". He sneered at me.

" What do you have to do with Mrs. Lincoln? How much did you pay her for framing me? Is she one of your goons? " I was shouting so loudly that I was sure everyone in the entire building could hear.

" She is not one of my goons. " Aiden's eyes seemed to burn with anger all of a sudden. So this woman was important to him. I thought.

" Oh did I hurt your feelings? Didn't know you had a thing for women twice your age. " My anger had made me reckless. I knew I shouldn't be messing with him at the moment but I couldn't curb my anger.

" That's enough! You either zip it or I make things worse for you than they already are. " Now Aiden was fuming. But so was I.

" What the hell do you want ?" I growled.

" Do you want to go home or not? " Aiden's usual smug expression had returned to his face.

" You think I like staying in this hell hole ?"

" Well how long you stay in this hell hole depends on me ". Aiden smirked, " Give me what I want and I will let you go. "

" Why don't you just get to the point !" I said exasperated.

He came closer to the bars of my cell. His startlingly blue eyes stare into mine. " Tell me where your brother is. And you can leave this second."

I was left stunned by his words. One thing was for sure. Aiden had completely lost his mind.

One year ago :
After watching the sunset with Aiden we returned to his home to have dinner. The dining room was just as grand as any other part of the house. Huge antique oil paintings hung on the walls. I recognized one from Van Gogh. It looked like an original.

On a huge table that could seat at least twenty, we sat feasting on exotic delicacies. The ones you are likely to find only at a Michelin-star restaurant. Most of it was Italian though.

" Aiden is very much into Chinese cuisine but I am more into lasagnas and pizzas. " Aiden's mother, Anna Victor said. She had been perfectly polite and welcoming so far yet something about her intimidated me.

She was a gorgeous woman. Her ash blond hair was cut into a chin-length bob and she wore tiny studs in her ears which I was sure were encrusted with diamonds.

Sean was quietly eating his dinner. He looked tense as if there was a lot on his mind. Arianna would keep looking at him with concern.

" Aiden, I think we should double the bodyguards we take with us considering what happened today. " Anna said to Aiden.

My ears perked up at this. Aiden didn't seem to know what she was talking about either.

" Honey, you don't know? Someone shot at your sister's car. Thank God it's bulletproof. " Anna spoke. Both me and Aiden sat shell-shocked in our seats.

" You mean someone tried to kill you ?!" I looked at Arianna who looked very nervous.

" Yes, dear. " Anna spoke instead. " They kept trying to follow her. They would shoot at the tires to slow her down. Thank God the driver managed to lose them in a crowded neighborhood ". Anna shuddered.