Meeting Aiden

One Year Ago :
" Arianna has been wanting to meet you for such a long time. Believe me, you will love her. " Sean's eyes had that gleam they always did whenever he mentioned his girlfriend's name.

" I know she must be amazing but these days I just want to creep into my shell and hide," I said feeling a twinge of nervousness.

" Pumpkin I know that it's only been a few months since we lost Dad but you can't stay like this forever. " Sean said.

" I am not doing this on purpose. I just can't help it. And I know how much Arianna means to you. I don't want to do anything that would embarrass you in front of her. " I replied.

" You know what I love about Arianna? She's one of the most compassionate people I know. And she knows what you are going through. If she would judge you at a time like this, then she wouldn't be the woman I love. " Sean blushed after he realized he had just openly admitted to loving her.

I did know that my brother was madly in love with this girl but I had never heard him openly confess to loving her.

So that day I worked especially hard on preparing myself for my first meeting with Arianna Victor. I put on my pink floral patterned shirt that Dad always liked and my most expensive pair of black pants. Despite being twenty years of age I couldn't make a decent hairstyle except for a pony. So I got Mom to straighten my hair and put it into a loose half pony. Just like the days when Dad was alive and I was happier, I spared nothing when it came to makeup.

" Goodness Sarah you are contouring your face as if it's not Sean, but you who is going on a date. " Sasha said making fun of my grooming efforts.

" Well I am supposed to meet his date and I want to look my best. Besides you are the one who said she's been the winner of the style icon award thrice in a row. If she's going to be our sister-in-law we will have to up the glam accordingly. " I said checking myself once more in the mirror.

" I hope it's only her you are trying to impress. " Sasha smirked.

" Who else would I be trying to impress ". I gave her a mock frown.

" Not her hot brother I hope. " Sasha giggled.

" Sean mentioned her brother a few times but I don't know much about him. By the way, how do you know he's hot ?" Now it was my turn to smirk.

" Duh. The magazines of course. Let me show you his picture. " Sarah began tapping on her phone screen. " Here ". She turned the screen towards me. Even though it was months ago but I remembered him. Aiden Victor.

How couldn't I make the connection? Sean had told me Arianna's family-owned Victor Enterprises so obviously this guy was her brother. And with that, I remembered other things.

" Dad told me some things about their family. " I hesitated wondering if I should mention the mafia business. But Sasha already seemed to know.

" Me and Mom talked about it. They are so powerful that even being close to them comes with its risks. But Sean is so madly in love with her. And after everything that's happened with Dad, I think he deserves some happiness. We can only pray that everything will turn out well. "

Sean drove the Prius to a secluded neighborhood. The houses were few and far apart. Nearly all of them had ornately designed wrought iron gates, surrounded by stone pillars bearing small statues of animal figures. We stopped at one such gate with a statue of a lion sitting on each of the two pillars surrounding it. Guards stood outside with guns as if it was the House of Parliament.

" You know how the law and order situation is these days ". Sean said in reply to my questioning gaze. I noticed cameras on the walls fitted on both sides of the gates watching our every move. Beyond the gates, a gravel driveway surrounded by trees on both sides led us up to the house.