5. Traumatic Pondering

10 PM

You were about to get out of the car until your mom stopped you. "Before you go in, I have one rule: please do not be outside this late, there can be anyone or anything out there" she said. "I know that, thanks again, mom" "Yeah, have fun" you closed the door and she drove away. Your eyes shifted around and you noticed that she lived in the middle of nowhere and that's what made it creepy, it was so dark outside and you could barley hear anything besides birds. Her house looked pretty nice though.

You stepped onto her porch and rang the doorbell. She answered it and smiled. "Hey, girl, come in" she said as she opened the door more. "Thank you for inviting me over" you said. "Oh gosh, it's no problem, it's always so lonely here and plus, you seem like a really cool person to hang out with" she said. You smiled at her words. "So maybe after a movie, we could to take a walk around?" Casey suggested. "Oh, um-" the telephone then rang. She went to go answer it while you just stood there not knowing what to answer. Your mom said not to and it kind of looked a bit creepy outside tonight. "It happens, take it easy" the telephone then rang again.

"You're forgiven, bye now-" "wait, don't hang up" you looked at the telephone when the voice sounded familiar. "They've got 900 numbers for that, see ya" she hung up and walked you both to the kitchen. "Who was that?" "I don't know but who cares..so about our plan-" the telephone rang again making her groan. "Hello??" "Why don't you wanna talk to me?" "Who is this?" "You tell me your name, I'll tell you mine" "I don't think so" Casey grabbed popcorn and tore off the cover and shook it. "What's that noise?" "Popcorn!" "You're making popcorn?" "Yeah, me and my friend both"

You just looked at her. Did she for real just tell a stranger that you exist? "Your friend? Can I talk to her?" She just handed you the phone. You looked at her and she shrugged. "Hello?" "Hello" "ah, it's you again" "is that a bad thing?" "No, no, no, no, I'm sorry if that sounded a bit rude, I was just surprised that you called again but not on my house phone" you said feeling a bit bad by your attitude. They chuckled, "what movie are you getting ready to watch?" "Guess the genre" "horror" "bingo" you smiled. Casey just raised her eyebrows at your conversation.

"We're going to watch Halloween" "isn't that one of your top favorites?" "Hell yeah, is it one of your favorites, too?" "Maybe...I want to ask you a question" "sure, what is it?" "What do you think could be behind the eyes a mindsetted killer?" Casey furrowed her eyebrows at what he just asked but you weren't too bothered since all they wanted was to ask you a question. "You have a very naughty thought of humor, stranger" you said to them.

With Billy

He sat beside a tree as he watched you through the window and Stu was shitting in the bush since he forgot to go before they left his house. Billy smiled a little as he heard you say that, he knew you weren't meaning it in a dirty way, it just got to him.

Back To You

"Well, what can I say? You seem like the only type of person who'd give up their knowledge to help a killer" "not in the movies, this is reality, always check that" Billy furrowed his eyebrows after that. "Check my reality" he whispered to himself. Stu finished his business and came over. Billy signaled for him to sit down because you were giving more advice. "And when I said to just do it freely without any balance, don't actually because that'd be a Norman Bates thing, but if you wanna copy and paste like you know John Carpenter would do for a little bit in Halloween, then sure but you gotta check the limits, not the time" you said.

"What are you doing?" Casey asked. "I'm sorry, do you want it back?" You asked. "Oh, no, but is he making you comfortable atleast?" "Yeah, I'm okay, thank you for checking though" you smiled. Casey walked away not buying it. You were actually getting a bit nervous, why were they constantly asking stuff about this. "When would it be a perfect time to strike?" You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at Casey who looked concerned for you and took the phone. "Okay, she's done!"

With Billy And Stu

They both furrowed their eyebrows and looked at Casey. Billy signaled for him to go up closer to the house and Billy looked at you. She wasn't even done, I was so close to getting it, I was so fucking close.

Back To You

"No, she wasn't, you took it away from her" "exactly, because she's uncomfortable" "and she never said she was" "because most people don't share what they're feeling, dumb ass, now bye!!" She hung up. "You okay?" She asked you. "Yeah, I'm alright, thanks" you smiled making her also smile. That was until the phone rang again. "Listen, asshole!!!!" She answered. "NO, YOU LISTEN, YOU LITTLE BITCH, YOU HANG ON ME AGAIN AND I'LL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH, YOU UNDERSTAND?!" Your eyes widened and you got up and ran over to her. "Is this some joke..?" "More of a game really. Can you handle that?" She started backing up.

"I'll call the cops" you walked off. "Blondie" you ran instead. You picked up the other house phone and dialed the cops fast. "911, what's-" "no questions, track this number, be fast, now!" You slammed the phone back down. "That wasn't real smart of Y/n to do that.." "yes, it was..you're gonna get arrested, you fucking creep!!!" Casey yelled. Why'd you call the cops, Y/n? Now you're really gonna die.