19. Avoidable Concern

You sat in 1st period still scared and surprised by Billy's actions before class. He sat at his seat as he had his focus on you the whole time. You couldn't even focus after what Billy did and you didn't even understand the work that you guys were doing. Sidney was no help since all she did was have you guys hang out last night. It got to the point where you got tired and slammed your head down onto the desk. Billy watched as you did so and he sighed and layed hie face in his hands. He then had an idea.

He sat up and wrote on the back of his paper. He then got up to pretend he was gonna sharpen his pencil. He placed the paper on your desk as he walked by and he turned his head and saw you look up and you looked at the paper then at him. He went over to the pencil sharpener and looked at you. You turned over the paper.

I'll help you with your work if we can talk.

You furrowed your eyebrows and slowly looked at him. He had a wishful look when he watched you write back and his confidence lowered a little when he watched you crumble it up and throw it back at his desk. He quickly walked back over to his desk and he picked it up and sat back down and opened it.

Nevermind, I'll just get help from the teacher

His heart shook a bit like an earthquake about to break the whole land apart. He looked at you before writing back and then he threw the paper back at you. You both were surprised that the teacher didn't care to look. You picked it up and opened it.

Please..I just wanna talk

You got up and he watched as you threw the paper away. His heart shook some more and you both looked at eachother. He had a frustrated look on his face. "Why?!" He mouthed. You just shook your head and sat back down and slammed your head back down onto your desk. He knew what he did wrong but all he wanted was for you to repay him with the same actions. Billy also slammed his head down onto his desk but much harder as if he's trying to get a concussion.

2nd Period

You and Sidney sat next to eachother and she was helping you with work. "Y/n, I think we should stay in the same house again tonight" Sid said. "What, why?" "To be safe" "but, Sid, you saw what happened last night" "this is gonna be different, we're going to go to Tatum's house again" you nodded in agreement. "Also..people are dressing up in that stupid ass costume now" Sid said. "Figures" you said back. "Also, why did you come running up the stairs like your life depended on it earlier?" Your eyes widened a little as your mind went back to what Billy did. You're going to be in so much shit for lying.

"I thought I was gonna be late" you replied. She stared at you for a few seconds before nodding. "So apparently, Billy wasn't the one who called" she said. "Yeah. I thought so..you can't just change out of a costume in less than 2 seconds" you said back. "But someone was there" you added. "I know, I told him that and he just changed the topic to my mother" she said. You sighed and layed your head down once again. "I just wanna die" you said.

"Y/n, don't say that. It'll be okay as long as me, Tatum, and Dewey are here" she said. "Everything is just so hard for no reason" you said back. "I know.." she also layed her head down. "I still haven't heard from my mom since yesterday" you said. "And I haven't heard from my dad since the day before yesterday" she said. You both then looked at eachother. "They're alright though.." you said and she slowly nodded in agreement. Are they actually?

5th Period

You sat in there and had your head layed down once again. You had to admit, these past days have made you tired as fuck. Billy had his head layed down as he stared at you while drawing something disturbing on his paper. "Loomis?" His head shot up as he covered the drawing and he looked at the teacher. "Would you mind maybe sitting with Y/n for today? She's had a hard week and want someone to be her comforter" Billy's eyes widened as he looked at you. YES! You heard them and your eyes widened and your head shot up. "Actually, Mrs. Treason, I prefer to be alone because not comfortable with anyone hanging out with me right now" Billy's heart dropped and he just stared at you.

"Oh, alright, hun" she walked away. You also looked at Billy but then looked away. Don't feel bad, don't feel bad. Billy had his hopes up for nothing. He kept on staring at you as his feelings were hurt. Why were they hurt though? This isn't fair. He layed his head down while his heart was shaking and he had no idea why. Oh, no idea?

He was hurt.