S1 Ep 1: Secret Origins Part 1

We open to the planet Mars, in Mariner Valley. Two astronauts have landed on the planet and are jackhammering the ground. One is a bit more focused on the view.

???: "Would you look at that? A little slice of heaven."

???: "If your idea of heaven is a barren, lifeless rock."

???: "You have the soul of a poet."

???: "Carter, we didn't come for the view. Our mission here is purely scientific. Are you getting any readings?"

Carter looks down his jackhammer's display screen.

Carter: "There are no detectable levels of H2O." He looks to the side. "Hold on."

???: "What?" The man also looks to the side, seeing some kind of crystal.

Carter does little hops in order to get to it. When he reaches the crystal, he takes out a pickaxe from his belt and starts picking the crystal out.

Carter: "It could be an ice crystal."

As Carter picks out the crystal, the other man hops over with his jackhammer device. Carter is eventually able to pull the crystal out of the rock.

Carter: "No. It almost looks organic."

The ground begins to rumble under their feet, shaking the men slightly.

???: "Carter, look out!" He points to the ground, which is starting to cave in.

The two of them start backing away, before running as fast as they can towards their space capsule. Unfortunately, Carter isn't fast enough and he falls into the chasm below. The other man manages to make it to safety. He walks up to the edge of the chasm.

???: "Carter!" He holds his hand to his comm. "Carter, do you read me? Are you alright? Repeat! Carter, do you read me?"

We look into the chasm and see that Carter is indeed okay, just disoriented. He radios to the other man.

Carter: "Uh, I'm okay, Ed." Ed doesn't respond. "Ed? Come in, Ed." All he gets is static. "Dead."

He turns on his headlamp and sees he is caved in. He turns around and sees a large, smooth wall in front of him. It has some alien language written on it. Carter walks up to it and examines it, before turning again to see some kind of door. He hops over to it and tries to open it, to no avail. He looks back around and sees his pick. He smirks as he goes over to pick it up, and goes back to the door to try and pry the switch to the door off.

He is able to snap the switch to the door off, which causes the lines on the door to start glowing white. Carter backs up as the door opens, shining bright white light, as some kind of force is pushing the rocks around him back. Before Carter can do anything else, something from inside the door runs at him. Carter screams out as the mysterious creature pounces at him.

=============================================================================================

Timeskip: Metropolis, Two Years Later

We cut to a Wayne Tech Metropolis Sub-Station. Outside, on the roof of the building, we can see Batman running across the building.