S1, Ep 9: Paradise Lost Part 2

Superman, Wonder Woman, and Gutrot start walking towards the exit of the mall. Wonder Woman is still holding onto the relic.

Wonder Woman: "I wonder how everyone else is doing?"

Batman: "Diana." Wonder Woman puts her hand to her earpiece. "I dug up something on your friend, Faust."

Wonder Woman: "What is it?"

Batman: "I think it would be better if you saw it for yourself."

=============================================================================================

Location: Faust's Office

After some time, everyone has convened with Batman. Inside the office is filled with all kinds of trinkets. Most of them have clear magical properties.

J'onn: "Fascinatijg. Faust clearly has a great passion for learning."

Supernova: "Or just really obsessed."

Flash walks over to a scepter. The tip of it has a metallic emblem, and a crystal is part of the staff just below the tip.

Flash: "Where'd he get this stuff?" He starts inspecting it. "Warlocks-R-us?"

Energy starts charging in the crystal, the emblem opening to reveal an eye, and Flash doesn't notice. But Batman does.

Batman: "Don't touch that!"

Flash turns around to face Batman, pointing the scepter at him. The scepter then blasts a beam of blue energy at Batman, who is able to duck out of the way. The blast hits the wall, leaving a massive hole in it.

Flash: "Oops."

Batman: "Don't touch anything!" He swipe the scepter from Flash's grasp. "We don't know what kind of powers we're dealing with!"

J'onn, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Supernova each set down a trinket they were holding.

Superman: "So, who is this Faust?"

Batman: "Felix Faust was once a respected professor of  archaeology." He sets down a picture of Faust. "But when he became fascinated with the mystic arts, he was kicked out of the university for his heretical ideas."

Gutrot: "No surprise there. They probably thought he became insane."

Batman: "He also swore revenge on all who mocked him, and several later disappeared under mysterious circumstances."

Wonder Woman looks over and sees a bookshelf filled with all kinds of ancient relics. She walks over to it, looking up at the top.

Wonder Woman: "I have a pretty good idea what happened to them."

Three stone heads are mounted above the top shelf of the bookshelf, the distraught and horrified faces forever in stone.

Flash: "Ew!"

Supernova: "That is absolutely disgusting." She gags a little. "I'm feeling nauseous."

Superman: "He's gone mad."

Gutrot: "That's putting it pretty lightly."

Batman: "It gets worse." Everyone turns to him, and he's holding a book. "I found his journal. The last entries make reference to a fellow sorceror, and Tartarus."

Lightning crackles, illuminating the room as thunder booms outside.

Wonder Woman's face is distraught and fearful.