An Unexpected Friend

This is about an hour after the events of the last chapter. After arriving back on Earth, Ben decided to head to his base under Max's Plumbing in Bellwood.

The base's main area is 200ft by 200ft with a metal floor. There is a large computer, similar to Batman's Batcomputer. This one, however, has a color scheme similar to Upgrade's color scheme.

A wall to the right of the computer hangs a large assortment of weapons. The left wall appears to be a work area, with several tools and parts laying across the table.

Two rooms are connected to this room. On the left, the door is labeled Kitchen/Living Room. Both areas are just a basic Kitchen and Living Room.

The room on the right is labeled Bedroom & Bathroom. Ben's bedroom is pretty normal, with the walls and white carpet. The bed has blankets and a pillowcase that are dark green with black accents. The bathroom is connected to the bedroom.

Ben is currently sitting at the computer, with the screen showing a picture of his family. Ben looks at the picture sadly, his eyes starting to water.

Ben: "I hope you guys can hear me, and I hope you've forgiven me." He looks down and wipes the tears from his eyes. "I-I hope I'm doing enough to make up for what I did. I'm constantly thinking of that, if I'm doing enough. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be able to do enough to forgive myself."

Ben tries to control his breathing, attempting to keep himself from crying. This works, and it keeps Ben from crying.

Ben: "I'm so sorry. I won't ever be able to forgive myself for what happened." He looks back up at the photo. "No matter how hard I try, or how much good I'll do, I know I'll never forgive myself. But I hope, in whatever afterlife there is, you guys have forgiven me."

After about a few minutes, Ben opens up some music on the computer and starts playing it.

Ben presses a few more buttons on the computer, and it opens up the center of the area. In it is a ton of workout equipment. A treadmill, an assortment of dumbbells, a jump rope, a pull-up bar, a barbell with a bench, and a stationary bike. A robot is standing by the barbell bench, meant to replace the need for a human spotter.

Ben slips off his jacket and his jeans, putting on a pair of shorts in it's place. He stretches a bit, popping his joints and his back.

Ben begins with the dumbbells, each 40 Pounds. He sits down on the bench and starts his reps. Twenty for one arm, then twenty for the other. He does this repeatedly for about ten minutes before stopping.

Ben then moves to the treadmill, setting the distance to 8 Miles, and the speed to 15 MPH. This takes about twenty minutes for him to complete, and Ben has to take a break for about ten minutes.

Afterward, Ben starts with the jump rope and uses it for about six minutes, and then moves onto the pull up bar. He pulls himself up repeatedly for about six minutes. Once he's done, Ben takes another break for a few minutes.

Ben then uses the stationary bike, at a speed of 25 MPH, and then the barbell for about seven minutes each.

After finally being done, Ben pours water on his head to cool off before sitting back down at the computer. Ben turns off the music and recalls the workout equipment back into the ground.

Ben: "Man, that was a good workout." He sighs as he leans back in the chair. "I really need some food now.

Ben gets up from his chair, heading to the wall opposite of the computer. He presses a panel, and the wall opens up to an elevator. Ben turns off the lights in the base. He then gets in the elevator, presses a button, and the elevator goes up into a storage room.