S1, Ep 5: In Blackest Night Part 2

We start a few minutes after we left off. John is gone, likely back to his holding area. Superman, J'onn, Hawkgirl, Flash, and Arsenal (Ampfibian) are conversing in the empty court room.

Flash: "Three billion gone. I can't believe it."

Superman: "Neither can I." He walks past them and looks at the remains of the planet. "I want to take a closer look at what happened."

Hawkgirl: "Why? John admits he's guilty. No one's disputing the facts."

Ampfibian: "Well we are." He puts one of his tentacles on J'onn's shoulder. "J'onn, you go with Superman to check out the planet. See what you can find." He takes his tentacle off. "Me, Flash, and Hawkgirl will try to stall the court. Maybe we might even be able to find something else here."

Flash: "You're asking the world's fastest man to slow things down? Won't be easy."

Ampfibian: "We'll have to try."

=============================================================================================

We cut to later, where Superman and J'onn are flying to the Javelin, and they land a couple of yards away from it. Little do they know that Kanjar-Ro is spying on them.

J'onn: "So, what do you expect to find on this moon?"

Superman: "I don't know. There's something bothering me. Just call it an-."

J'onn: "An intuition?"

Superman: "Exactly."

They both enter the ship, with the bay door closing behind them. As the Javelin takes off, Kanjar-Ro runs off to who-knows-where.

=============================================================================================

Back at the trial, Kanjar-Ro is on a flying podium, and John is standing on a floating platform in front of the judges.

Judge 1: "John Stewart, you may now question your accuser."

John: "No questions."

This surprises the crowd, making them chatter amongst each other. It also surprises Hawkgirl and Flash, but not Ampfibian.

F. Judge: "None? Don't you intend to defend yourself?"

John: "No, I don't."

The crowd starts chattering louder as Kanjar-Ro is floated back down to the ground.

Flash: "I object!" Everyone turns to look at him. "You call this a trial? I say it's a joke."

Hawkgirl pulls Flash down by his arm, and Ampfibian just watches quietly.

Hawkgirl: "Are you out of your mind? What do you think you're doing?"

Flash: "Prepare to be dazzled."

Judge 1: "Remove him!"

A couple of lizard people try to grab him, but Flash is too quick and knocks them to the ground as he reaches the courtroom floor.

Ampfibian: "That is one crazy bastard."

Flash quickly reaches the base of the courtroom.

Flash: "Listen to me. With something this important, you gotta hear both sides."

The platform John is on floats down next to Flash.

John: "Flash, I told you to not get involved."