S1, Ep 10: War World Part 1

Within the deep cosmos, an asteroid is barreling away from Saturn.

On the asteroid, Superman and J'onn are wearing space suits while using a cylinder device to inspect the rock.

J'onn presses a few button on the device, and information appears on its screen.

J'onn: "Thirty two percent iron oxide, twenty one percent carbon. Nineteen percent silicon."

Superman puts a finger to his ear.

Superman: "Are you getting this, Hawkgirl?"

Hawkgirl: "As if you were in the next room." She says on the earpiece, back on the Watchtower. "I'm sending it through backup analysis as we speak. Three and a half miles across. Can you imagine what would happen if it hit the Earth?"

Superman: "That's not going to happen."

Superman slams down a massive machine into the surface of the asteroid. He then opens up a panel at the top, and an orb at the top of the machine starts flashing red while buzzing.

J'onn does the same thing, and the aliens give each other a thumbs up, before flying back to the Javelin.

Superman: "You ready for the fireworks?"

J'onn: "Ready."

As the machines continues to beep and flash, the device that Superman placed earlier begins to detect something, the information going straight to Hawkgirl.

Hawkgirl: "Superman, J'onn! There are hydrogen pockets inside that asteroid! You need to get out of there before it-!"

The machines explode, causing a much large explosion from the asteroid. A bright flash of light emits from the explosion, bits of asteroid flying fast toward Superman and J'onn, making them fly back.

The rocks tear into the Javelin, breaking it apart, before the explosion envelopes the Javelin completely.

=============================================================================================

In the Watchtower, Hawkgirl watches a blank screen in front of her, holding an earpiece to her ear.

Hawkgirl: "J'onn! Superman! Do you hear me!?"

No response. Hawkgirl takes out the earpiece, staring at the screen, now only static.

=============================================================================================

Back at the scene of the explosion, Superman and J'onn remain unconscious as an alien ship approaches them.

Aboard the ship are red-faced aliens with black and gold uniforms.

Worker: "Life functions still active."

Commander: "Incredible. Bring them aboard."

A blue tractor beam picks up Superman and J'onn, sucking them into the ship, the hatch closing behind them.

=============================================================================================

Back at The Watchtower

Green Lantern: "How could this happen?!You were supposed to be monitoring the situation!"

Hawkgirl turns away from the screen, looking up at Green Lantern.

Hawkgirl: "Listen, I followed the protocols."

Green Lantern: "And now two of our men are out there, injured. Maybe worse."