S1, Ep 7: The Enemy Below Part 2

The chapter starts where we left off, with Aquaman surrounded by his own guards, and Orm now the ruler of Atlantis.

Orm: "For years, I've stood in your shadow and watched while you led Atlantis to the brink of ruin. I'll stand for it no more, and neither will your generals!"

General Brak: "This is a battle we should have fought years ago. But you betrayed us by siding with our enemies."

In rage, Aquaman hits the spears out of the guards hands, knocking two of them out with a punch. He then charges at Orm, who shoots a bolt of electricity out of his trident, knocking Aquaman to the ground and rendering him unconscious.

Orm: "Take him away."

Two guards pick Aquaman up by the arms and drag him away.

Orm: "General Brak, ready your troops at once."

General Brak: "Yes, my lord."

Brak bows, before walking off with the rest of the guards. Orm sits down on the throne, setting down Aquaman's trident next to it. Suddenly, Mera enters the throne room.

Mera: "Orm, they said my husband has returned. Is it true?"

Orm: "I wish it were." He stands up. "But it's only and unfounded rumor."

Mera covers her face with her hands, on the verge of tears. Though, she is able to hold them back, but only barely.

Mera: "I've tried to be strong. But without him, I..."

Orm: "Don't worry, Mera." He gently grabs onto her arms. "I'll take care of you. And your son."

Mera: "My son?"

Orm lets go of Mera's arms.

Orm: "I've already taken the precaution of placing him under my protection."

Mera slowly backs away, before running of onto the Royal family's private quarters. She runs over to a crib, covered in a red cloth, and she takes off the cloth.

Mera is gasps in horror, but not from what she sees, but of what she can't: Her son is gone. Orm approaches Mera from behind, and stops a few feet away.

Orm: "These are dangerous times, Mera." Mera turns around to look at him. "We can't be too careful."

Mera: "Where is he?"

Orm: "The prince shall come to no harm, as long as you cooperate."

Mera: "How can you do this?"

Orm: "I assure you, I am only doing what is best for Atlantis."

Orm walks off, leaving Mera with the empty crib.

=============================================================================================

Back to the Justice League. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, J'onn, and Arsenal are traveling to Atlantis in the Javelin. Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are currently piloting.

Arsenal is currently in his Ripjaws form, when he suddenly gets a call. Ripjaws takes his phone out of the Omnitrix and answers it.

Ripjaws: "Hello?"

Sophie: {Hey Ben.} She sounds tired, and she yawns. {I just wanted to call you to say goodnight.}

Ripjaws: "Oh yeah. I forgot how late it was." He moves to the back of the Javelin and leans against a wall. "Sorry for taking so long."

Sophie: {It's fine. I know how important being a superhero means to you. And how time consuming it can be.}

Ripjaws: "Ain't that the truth." He laughs a bit, before rubbing his neck. "Hey, I was thinking. Would you like to hang out tomorrow? It's been a while since we last got to do that."