S1, Ep 11: War World Part 2

The two dozen robots continue to torture Superman, the whole thing being shown to the people of War World.

Those same people are cheering for Superman's torture, enjoying the sight of it.

J'onn: "No, the Kryptonian won!" He turns to the old alien woman. "Don't you want to see him fight again!?"

Old: "I have to admit, he's a real champ!"

J'onn: "He's more than that! He's a Superman!"

Superman's torture through electrocution, and one of the camera drones gets in his face. But despite the pain from the torture, Superman starts getting back on his feet.

Mongul: "What!? Still alive?" Superman faces the camera. "You're tougher than I anticipated, Kryptonian. Though I doubt you'll survive a second blast."

Superman: "Give it your best shot!"

Mongul: "If you wish."

The robots start charging a blast aimed at Superman. Just as they are about to blast, J'onn stands up, holding his arm up, before yelling.

J'onn: "Superman! Superman!"

Old: "Superman!" She stands up and starts cheering. "Superman!"

Slowly, the rest of the colosseum joins in on the cheer, much to the dismay of Mongul.

Mongul: "Are they mad?"

Advisor: "If you execute him now, it likely won't go over well."

Mongul thinks over his options for a few moments.

Mongul: "Very well." He holds his hand up. "The people have spoken!"

The coliseum loudly cheers out, happy that Superman was spared. The robots surrounding Superman back down, allowing for Superman to stand again.

Mongul walks out of the coliseum, bitter at what had just happened. All the while, J'onn lets out a sigh of relief, glad that his friend is now safe.

=============================================================================================

Location: Dungeon

Both Superman, and an unconscious Draaga, are transported back to the dungeon, where the other prisoners are waiting.

Superman stands before the prisoners, and they start cheering.

Superman: "What's this for?"

A short, scaly, three-eyed creature steps closer to Superman.

Triclops: "You defied Mongul! It was great!"

Superman: "Hasn't anyone stood up to him before?"

Ogre: "Draaga tried once, but then he decided he liked to live."

Triclops: "After what you did, you deserve to live as well. So, we've arranged an escape plan."

Ogre: "There's this garbage ship, see? It'll take you off planet, and-."

Superman: "Wait." He holds his hand up, interrupting the ogre. "I can't go. I won't leave without my friend, J'onn."

Triclops: "If you stay, Mongul will kill you."

Superman: "I've dealt with far worse than him." He walks past the prisoners. "I'll take my chances."

Ogre: "I don't know if he's brave, or just plain stupid." He looks down at the Triclops. "Come one."

The Ogre and Alligatot both pick up Draaga, his helmet falling off, and start carrying him to the door. Superman is standing there, and stops them.