Bittersweet Reunion

2nd Person P.O.V

Himeko, who helped Stelle before, has finally made her appearance.

Her relaxed and confident posture almost makes you forget about the fact that they're also outsiders who were dragged into this crisis.

At this point, only Asta, the acting lead researcher of the space station, knows whether the crisis has been adverted...

???: Projectile radar tracking, normal. Telemetry signal frequency unusually high! Maintain at normal levels!

???: Our measurements predict that the Legion is about to unleash over ten waves of continuous attacks. Everyone, brace yourselves!

March 7th: Asta! We're back!

Asta: Whew, I'm glad you're all back safe. Arlan just told me about the situation at the storage zone - and about his injury... thank you, for all your help.

 thank you, for all your help

{ Head Researcher: Asta }

Asta: In times of disaster, I realize more and more that the space station's researchers are its most valuable assets... Alas, we were ill-prepared for such emergencies... we should have built up our security and combat departments.

The space station's external crisis seems to be under control but the researchers remain uneasy.

Asta: Ronin. Has already too much upon his plate.

Asta: On the other hand, the entire crew of the Astral Express seems to be extraordinarily' skilled.

Dan Heng: What is the current situation on the space station?

Asta: The situation is under control for now: The damage to our security system was minor. The intruder only managed to alter a small amount of data, so it was easy to fix.

Many of them were alone when they came here.

What do they care about the most now? The space station? Their colleagues? Or is it the research itself?

It's obvious that everyone's answer is different.

Asta: The real problem lies with the researchers... They trust Madam Herta wholeheartedly and never thought that the space station would be breached by the Legion. A broken spirit is far worse than a broken body.

???: Let's go speak with the researchers. Right now, the space station can't afford any more unexpected turns, especially from within. Have you tried contacting Herta?

Asta: I sent multiple letters, all met with silence. You know her, Himeko, the space station is but a mere warehouse for followers and rare items. She doesn't really care about it.

 She doesn't really care about it