Oath Under the Snow

2nd PERSON P.O.V

Last time...

Cocolia: You seem like a calm and reasonable person.

You: ...

Cocolia: Are you... a calm and reasonable person?

You: If the moment calls for... calm.

Cocolia: I'd say the moment calls for calm, no?

You: . . . .

Quickly took advantage of Cocolia's hospitality by offering your hand as a gesture of goodwill, intensely staring at the Supreme Guardian you've heard so much about.

But maybe more than anger, it was curiosity and even respect that drove you to hold back.

Cocolia: Anyway I am Cocolia Rand, Belobog's supreme guardian. I would be grateful if you could tell me why you have come.

Soon your daughter steps in and do the mostly the talking.

Stelle: So you don't doubt our identity? So you believe we come from beyond the sky?

Cocolia: Do you wish me to doubt it? Or perhaps you're not confident in that identity yourself? Haha... No, I do not doubt it. I can see that you are not from this world.

Cocolia: The Architects remember the history well, else we should forget it. I know that in the distant past, before the Eternal Freeze descended or the Legion invaded, this world was once prosperous beyond measure...

Cocolia: An Aeon connected our planet to other worlds, and we discovered the endless possibilities of the boundless universe. We also came to know of Qlipoth, the Amber Lord. Under their attentive gaze, we built the city walls.

You: ....

Cocolia: ...So, do not be surprised. For seven hundred years, the Architects have received no further communication from the stars... but I knew of your existence. Tell me why you have come.

Stelle: We want to help you. We've come to trailblaze this planet.

March 7th: ...Do you think anyone's gonna know what you're talking about?

Dan Heng: We came here for something known as a Stellaron.

Cocolia: A Stellaron?

Dan Heng: Objects that fell from the blue on separate worlds. Their appearance spelled disaster. Many of the planets we've visited have suffered their effects.

Dan Heng: You mentioned invasion by the Antimatter Legion. Soon after their arrival, this planet suffered the Eternal Freeze. At the same time, the phenomenon known as Fragmentum space corrosion began to occur. Correct?

Cocolia: ...Correct.

Stelle: The Eternal Freeze is a product of the Stellaron.

March 7th: Stellarons bring about different disasters on different worlds. But every world seeded with a Stellaron will give birth to Fragmentums.

March 7th: You can see us as... kindhearted interstellar public servants, lending a helping hand to any world affected by a Stellaron!

Cocolia: ...

Cocolia: Your analysis of our current circumstances is clear. We have indeed suffered the disasters you speak of, some of which prove vexatious to us even today... but why should you care?

Cocolia: Even if this Stellaron you speak of did bring about disaster, I fail to see its connection to you. I don't believe that anyone would go to such lengths to help a world unrelated to them... unless they had something to gain.