The Blade Brought Us Together

(One shot. Penecony Event.)
_______________________________________

NARRATIVE:

Acheron...

A drifter claiming to be a Galaxy Ranger.

Her true name is unknown, and she walks the cosmos alone, carrying with her a long sword.

Though aloof and taciturn, her blade flicks out like lashing lightning.

And yet, she always strikes with her scabbard, never drawing the sword free

But all changes when you encounter her.

In The world of Penacony was far too loud for a withdrawn and antisocial person like yourself.

Loud hollers from merchants hawking their wares, the low-quality sound effects coming from casinos trying to entice patrons and muffled, drunken voices by pubs and bars.

You were avoiding her recently.

You two have been good friends, and maybe even more, but something changed, and you've started to trying not see her that often..

At one day, Acheron enters your room in Penacony's hotel, and locks the door.

Acheron: "I want an explanation. Now. We barely see eachother. What the hell happened?"

Her cold eyes were piercing through you..

You: "...."

Acheron: "I need an answer."

She crossed her arms, as she walked up to you, towering over you

Acheron: "Now. Why are you avoiding me?.."

You: "I don't know what you are talking about I'm just a little bit busy."

You said with a calm look on your face while reading a book with glasses on.

While sitting on a comfy chair.

Acheron: "..Bullshit."

You; "Pardon?"

Acheron: "I'm not stupid you know.. You've been avoiding me. No calls, no meeting up, nothing.. We haven't hung out in days.."

You: "You should understand that busy a little busy beside. I'm a single parent. I have responsibility to my daughter."

You said with the usual tone, towards her, even Acheron knows this as well.

Her expression softened as she looked at you.

Acheron: "..I know. And I respect that. But you've been ignoring me even more than usual"

She paused for a few seconds, taking a breath to settle herself

Acheron: "And it's been almost a week. You're not that busy with your daughter to at least spend a night with me.."

You: "...."

Acheron: "That's not all... You've been avoiding my calls.. my messages.. It's been almost a week that we barely talk"

Her eyes narrowed, as her look got sharper

Acheron: "You're seeing someone else aren't you...?"

You suddenly closed your book and placed down your reading glasses and spoke.

You: "You know, I never took an interest in taking another spouse after my "old" wife. Besides I promised I'll make it up soon to you."

Her eyes soften again, as her demeanor mellowed, her cold exterior fading away for a bit