Chapter 16: "Let's work hard!"

Midoriya: How long has it been now?
Bakugo: About two months, I think...
Midoriya: This long already?
Bakugo: Well you see... There have been a couple of things creeping us from leaving this place...

°7pm-In the hospital the trio is stationed at°
Ochako POV:
He was pale. His skin basically white, freckles being the only color left in his face. His arms have become as thin as mine.
Deku's hand looked so unfamiliarly frail in mine.
All three of them looked like this.

I turned to the nearly closed door. I heard voices. I was pretty sure that it was Aizawa sensei and one of the doctors standing outside the door:
Aizawa: So Bakugo was the only one?
Doctor: Yes, until now that is. The other two had high heart rates at some point. Let's say the kind you get when you are scared, stressed or excited. But the blond one is the only one we nearly lost at some point. The worrisome part is that there was no obvious reason for his sudden heart failure. That's also the reason we couldn't do anything to help him. Even after doing some tests and research we couldn't find a single possible reason. The boy is perfectly healthy. It was exactly like when we couldn't find a reason for their coma. We are lucky he stabilised before his body suffered serious damage. A couple of us even thought this is were we might loose him. The next time something like this happens we won't be able to do much more than last time. All we can do is watch and pray-
Aizawa: You have not a single clue or hunch what caused it?
Doctor: ... A-As I said last time ... there was no reason what so ever. All we can say now is that it must have been an interfearance from the outside. But I promise you sir there is no way a stranger could have entered this room and all the employees are trust worthy. And for the visitors only members of Familie or the students you personally gave permission for have entered and left this room.
Aizawa: *sigh* I see... I guess I have to get in contact with the people handling this case and see if they have new information. Please creep me updated about every small, little, tiny thing though, okay?
Doctor: Of course, sir.

I was so focused on trying to listen it caught me of guard when suddenly the door was slammed open. It was Kirishima: "Oh, Hey Ochako. You are always here when not it school aren't you? I bet those three enjoy your company!" He giggled cheerfully. "Where's Iida? Isn't he usually here as well?" Kirishima asked. "He went out for a bit. I think he wanted to use the bathroom and then get a snack or something to drink. He should be back soon though." I answered. "I see..." he walked over to Bakugo's bed and sat down on the chair next to him. For a few minutes we just sat in silence. Then he spoke up. "Scary, isn't it?" His cheery, happy expression vanished and he started starring at the floor. "Everyone expects us to just continue with our daily live like those three were never part of it. No one can tell us what's wrong or are able to help them. We come here every day just to see them doing worse. I have the feeling the people working here stoped trying a long time ago and are just waiting for the beds to become empty so they can take in new patients." Both of us got silent for a couple more seconds then I said. "They are trying their best" He looked up. "Not only the doctors but hero's too. There is a hole task force who does their best every day. I heard they even asked professors from other countries to help. Yes, it might seem hopeless right now but if it really is that villain from a couple of years back all they can currently do is try to find that person, really..." I said. The truth was I didn't feel different then Kirishima. I think all of class 1A did. But all I could do was wake up every morning and tell myself exactly what I just told him. "I know. It's just... *deep sigh* I feel so helpless. I can't stop wondering what Bakugo would do if I was the one laying here. What he would do in this situation. I am sure he would be able to find a solution somehow. At least he would be able to do more then I am right now." Kirishima let his gaze drop back to the ground.
I knew exactly what he meant. Since all of this had happened I wasn't able to shake off the feeling Deku would find a solution and not give up until he does. Maybe he is even expecting us to be able to do the same. Maybe he is waiting for us to get him out of there. But all we do is sit here and wait for someone else to take care of the problem.
"Then study hard!" Both me and Kirishima looked over to the door. Momo had entered. "All three of them already missed a little bit more then two months of school. Let's work hard and help them get back into school as soon as they wake back up." She suggested. Denki, Iida and Tokoyami behind her agreed with nodding heads. "Let's work hard and make sure all three of them make it to become incredible hero's!" Iida said loudly. "We may even be able to help them build all that muscle back up" Tokoyami added. Denki started laughing "You know what? I will work even harder and become so good in school that Bakugo will beg me to tutor him!" "Yeah, sure. As if that would ever happen. I bet hell become better at school even after being in a coma for so long!" Kirishima teased him. "Hey! That's rude! Ill show all of you!" Denki laughed.
"Right...!" I quickly whipped away the tear running down my face and smiled. "Ill work hard too!"

To be continued ...