Chapter 47: A love story!

Todoroki POV:
The travel took about two days with breaks. Then we spotted Silverbrook. It immediately felt like we were returning home. It was so familiar to me already. In the next moment I remembered the little house we stayed at the very beginning. I guess that would be more our home than this place. We showed the farmers how they would get to the north wing and as we had arrived I realized that Mrs. Rosewood wasn't in the group anymore. She did say she grew up here so she would be fine I told myself. As soon as we entered a crowd of people stormed Izuku as if he were a part of their family. It was cute how Katsuki had to keep them from touching Izuku. I knew he was just worried because of his injuries but it looked like Izuku was a celebrity and Katsuki his bodyguard. I decided they had everything under control and sneaked off to go to the Thirsty Griffin Pub to see Magnus. But when I arrived someone lese was already there.

Magnus and Mrs. Rosewood stood in front of each other. Magnus behind the counter shattered glass everywhere looking at her as if he had seen a ghost. Mrs.Rosewood on the other hand smiled awkwardly fiddling with her long skirt. "Vivi" Magnus finally said. I quickly hid behind the slightly open door. "Magnus" She answered. "Quit a while since we've last seen each other huh?" She added. "Well it has been a long time since you've come home so-" "I know" Rosewood quickly said. "I'm sorry for not coming home earlier. I had a lot of time to think and if I'm honest I haven't used that time well. Just after everything that happened..." "Please don't" Magnus asked of her. "Please don't come up with excuses all I want to know is when you will be leaving again." Magnus started cleaning up the shattered glass not waisting another expression on her. Rosewood looked at him with a hurt expression. But not in a way that she was hurt more like she finally understood what she had done to him the past two years. "I'm not going anywhere." She said. Magnus stoped for a second as if he was willing to hear her out now. "I will never leave you behind ever again!" She whispered with a shaky voice tears starting to run down her cheeks. "If you are still willing to take me back I promise you I will never leave you ever again!" She said a bit louder now. Magnus looked at her. Unsure but knowing at the same time. He slowly walked around the bar. Then he embraced his wife and held her tight in his arms. I was curious on what else they had to discuss but I was also aware that it was wrong to eavesdrop. I took my leave and returned back to the others planing on visiting again later with Izuku and Katsuki just as Magnus had wished as I left the last time.

Midoriya POV:
In mere minutes the entire town had gathered around me shouting and cheering as if I had baten a dragon and brought back their princess. Kacchan the way he was guarded me like a loyal dog. Soon enough one of the farmers had taken over control and everyone started unpacking the goods from the wagons, leaving me alone for now. What was weird was that I hadn't seen Elizabeth, Fred or John yet. "Kacchan can you do me a favour?" I asked "Hm?" He was still on his guard. "Can you carry me somewhere?" And so he did. We reached the Phoenix Nest Inn and I knocked. No one answered. We were about to enter when someone behind us said "They're not here anymore" We turned around. "What do you mean?" I asked the man standing behind us. "Bout a month ago the oldest son of the house passed away because of hunger and a high fever. After that the Women went nuts. I think she took her little son and moved over to the south wing. After that we never heard from her again. No clue what happed to them after that. But personally I don't think they made it." I didn't know what to say. For a second it felt like the world played in slow motion. My chest got heavy and tears started to fill my eyes. Kacchan sat me down on the porch and kneeled down in front of me. I hurried my face into his chest and he held me until I managed to calm down. "We don't have to go back to the crown, ok?" He told me. "I'll go look for Shoto. I'm gonna bring him back here. Can you wait for a couple minutes?" I nodded.

I sat there for a couple minutes before getting up. I walked around the hotel all the way to the back and sat down not the fallend tree just as I had done it with John the last time. I looked at the sky. Instead of the northern lights I had seen last time all I could see was a blue sky and huge white clouds trying to hide it. As I looked at the sky I remember what he said last time. Or rather what Ojiro had told me:

"Midoriya? Can you promise me something? Once you get out don't forget me, okay? The truth is I'm not who you think I am. [...] It is just like the notebook you found. It looked like yours but it wasn't. I look like your friend but I'm not. By taking care of the old cabin in the woods you were granted the diary that led you here and by helping these people you were granted the opportunity to talk to me. [...] To be able to accomplish something as big and realistic as this you have to cheat a little bit. If it was intentional or not, every human you've met, every place you have visited it all exists. The architect of this world has met them [...]. [...] Over the years this place has started to fall apart. [...] But the moment you cleaned up the cabin or the moment you decided to help us, you have fixed a part of what is left. It might not be enough but if you continue to rebuild this world to what it was all those years ago it will show itself. The exit. There are glitches you can use but each of you will only be able to abuse one of them. [...] Fix what is broken and find what was lost. That alone is the leftover way to get out. And once you talk to the real Ojiro please don't forget the John you met here, okay?"

The lump in my throat vanished and a new determination filled my heart. "Deku?!" I quickly made my way back around the house. "Are you ok?" Shoto asked with a worried expression all over his face. I smile slightly "I'll be fine. I think this town won't need my help any longer. So let's go." "What about the fishers you told us about?" Shoto asked. "What are three quirkless teenagers suppose to do against them. Somehow I know they'll be fine." "HUH?! Is that a challenge?!" "Calm down Kacchan" I couldn't help but giggle. "Well I guess that means well have to find a mermaid who will make sure to destroy there little boats and kill them while she's add it!" both Shoto and I looked at him confused. "Whatever you say big guy." Shoto provoked him. "You wanna fight?" Kacchan shouted. I sure was lucky to have them by my side. I wouldn't want to have to survive a place like this with anyone else.

To be continued ...