Chapter 34: Christmas special!

°In the real world - In a clinic specialised for coma patients°

Aizawa POV:
"We are still quite worried about Izuku Midoriya's condition having worsened recently but it seems like he is stable for now. Shoto Todoroki still suffers from a constant high heart rate that rarely drops during the day. Although this is not a major obstacle at the moment, it can lead to heart defects later in life. But I also have some good news. Katsuki Bakugo seems to have fully recovered from his cardiac arrest. Since that incident he has been stable. That so far to the children's medical state right now."
"What about the research?" One of the people surrounding him asked while holding her microphone in the face of the old man in doctor's coat.  "It is ongoing. Sadly we don't have any news concerning that. It's a quirk that can't be dispatched by a quirk removing quirk unless in direct contact to the culprit. That's why we doubt that we will come to results in the near future."
"So you're giving up?" Another person with microphone asked. "Ok, that's enough questions for today!" Commissar Tsukauchi said while starting to push the reporters out of the main entrance together with his colleagues. "You got to interview a lot people involved today but now it's time for you to let the patients in this clinic rest." All the reporters started talking over each other trining to get one last answer while pushing against the police officers. I sighed. Since this case has reached the public both family's and every person involved in solving it haven't had the chance to breath. It was already enough trying to figure this out without the public pushing our buttons.

I left the lobby and walked over to the elevators. Once the elevator arrived I went in and pressed the 13th floor. I stepped into the hallway. All of class 1A was hanging around doors 137, 138 and 139. "What are you doing out here?" I asked. "We were asked to give their families a moment on their own." Iida answered. "I see." "C'mon ask him" Mina whispered while hitting her elbow into Iida's side. "Oh, of course! Aizawa Sensei, Class 1A has come up with an Idea." "Oh yeah? What is it?" "Well Christmas is coming up and Midoriya, Todoroki and Bakugo won't be able to celebrate this year. So we thought it would be nice if we threw a Christmas party in the Clinic and make a lot of pictures. This way when they wake up we can show them the fotos and that we celebrated together. The only issue is that those three aren't sharing a room anymore since they've been transported here. Also they are attached to a lot of life support machines. We wanted to ask if you could ask the clinic not only for permission but could arrange those three being in one room for Christmas." Then as if on command all the students bowed down and shouted at the same time "Pleeeeeaase!" "I will see what I can do." All of them started cheering. "Quiet now, there are other patients!"

With the rest of the planing I wasn't involved. The only thing I noticed was that for the rest of the week a lot of whispering and passing around papers happened while we had classes. And then it came: Christmas.

I had managed to convince the doctors to transport the trio into a bigger room. Most of their day off, Class 1A was busy decorating the room and transporting all the gifts and sweets. Hizashi had helped the kids put up a Christmas tree. Till this day I don't know how they got that huge thing through the lobby without anyone noticing.
All three family's of those three had been involved as well. They loved the idea and were eager to celebrate Christmas with their sons. It was a nice evening. A lot of people came to visit. Like some students from other classes or even some hero's. I was relieved none of this reached the public and everyone could have a bother free Christmas. A lot of laughter filled the room through the entire night. Usually when my students are visiting their classmates there is a sad vibe in the air but not today. A lot of pictures were made and later the class printed them out and made three picture books as presents for Midoriya, Todoroki and Bakugo once they wake up.

To be continued...