𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⟶ 𝟎𝟐𝟐

˚ ༘♡ S

˚ S. RINTAROU ‧₊˚.

SCHOOL STARTED BACK UP AGAIN, a new week beginning. you have to admit, you were at least a tiny bit anxious to see suna. only a "little", though. at least that's what you kept telling yourself. you had a gut feeling that there would definitely be some tension and awkwardness.

as you pushed that aside, you made your way to school going about your day as usual.

you met up with everyone in your usual spot near the gym.

greeting the tired bunch with a quick head nod. you stood near remi, dozing off while somewhat paying attention to the groups conversation. you glanced quickly to suna, or at least tried to without him noticing. you quickly regretted your choice of actions because suna was just staring at you. or well, just in your direction in general.

you made eye contact with him as you looked up again, then turned your head to look behind you. you realized what he had been staring at this whole time. or at least who he had been staring at this whole time.

there was sana in the distance talking amongst her other friends. you made a face of realization after connecting the dots.

you turned your head back to suna, "you two haven't talked?" you asked.

"nah," suna shook his head.

"ohh, got it. well, good luck," you said trying to sound a little encouraging. if you were being completely honest with yourself, sana seems off. she just rubbed you the wrong way and you can't explain this feeling.

it was now lunch and you packed up your stuff ready to head out of the classroom. before you could leave, you felt a hand on your arm, halting your movements.

you look back to see sana.

"hey, y/n! can we... talk?" she asked. you definitely knew where this was headed.

you nodded, "sure."

the two of you walk to an empty staircase and faced each other. "so," sana started. "what happened between you and suna? you sleep together? that's what ... everyone thinks. at least that's how it seems. you left the party together."

you were obviously taken aback. you hadn't expected that. especially hearing that's what everyone thinks?

"we... didn't do anything—"

she cuts you off, "he didn't answer his texts? calls?"

"well, because—"

"the pictures already painted. it is what it seems."

"sana—"

the green-eyed girl laughs in your face, "can't even defend yourself, sad."

it was like something inside you set off. with every interruption you felt a tick. you inhaled sharply before starting, "well, if you maybe let me get a sentence out i could actually explain myself. no, nothing happened between me and suna. that's the truth. i don't care about what people say, they're false rumors. did you guys not even talk it out? did you try fixing things with him? do you even care?"

"excuse me?"

you bit back, "don't interrupt me again, i'm not done. you were talking to so many other guys at the party, entertaining yourself. of course there's nothing wrong with that, but you know how suna feels about you. and if you couldn't tell by now, suna likes you. he actually likes you. but you? honestly, i can tell you don't feel as strongly about him, so just drop it."

"call me rude, but i'm just looking out and caring for
a good friend... as corny that sounds," you mutter the last part.

sana clearly didn't have much to say which confirmed how she felt about suna. you were glad she shut up, even more glad that it was you who did it.

you just sighed and turned on your heal going down the stairs, on the way to the lunch room. you turned the corner to be met with a familiar pair of fox likes eyes.

it was suna standing there with a stupid childish grin, threatening to come out.

"what?" you tried to act casual. but, he definitely heard everything.

he shrugged, putting a hand in his pocket, "oh nothing, just waiting for a good friend to head to lunch with."

you lightly hit his chest and continued walking, "shut up."

he began walking with you, "what? i'm not allowed to
care for you? we were doing so good that night, didn't fight, just, you know, all cuddled up—"

"oh my god, i take back everything i said. you're talking way too loud," you said looking around. he just laughed, but that laughter died down leaving you two in silence.

"y/n?" suna glanced at you.

you looked at him, "yeah?"

"thanks, for what you said. for defending me. i mean it," he was now staring into your eyes as you guys walked, searching for something. any type of reaction.

you slightly raised your eyebrows, staring back at him. "yeah sure, don't mention it. anything for a, good friend."

"yeah, a really good friend," suna said as you just rolled your eyes.

———