~ TWELVE ~

"Why can't your be like your brother?!"

"I'm sorry.."

"The hell do you mean you're sorry?! Look at your fucking grades, Beomgyu!!"

Beomgyu looked at his report card that his dad was holding bc he knew he didn't have a choice.

"You can't date Yeonjun anymore."

Beomgyu immediately looked at him. "No, why are you doing this to me..?! H-He did nothing wrong it was all my fault. Dad please don't make me break up with him, please.."

"Clearly you don't know how to listen." His dad sighed, taking off his belt.

"No, no, please no, I promise-"

"It's this or breakup."

"I won't break up with him.."

"Okay."

...

"I'm so sorry baby.." Beomgyus mom hugged him.

Beomgyu only sobbed, holding onto her tightly.

She just got back from running errands and immediately heard Beomgyu crying.

"I'm sorry, I should've been here, mom is so so sorry.." She patted his head.

All she could do is comfort him the best she could.

...

"If you lay another damn finger on my damn son I'll break your hands! Do you hear me?!"

Beomgyus dad nodded, glaring at Beomgyu.

Beomgyus mom hit his dad with the belt he was hitting Beomgyu with earlier onto his arm.

"Don't fucking look at my damn son either!"

"Okay, sorry.."

...

"Here you go."

"Thank you, Hyung.." Beomgyu grabbed the ice cream from his brother.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you."

Beomgyu shook his head. "It's fine."

"It's not, I'm letting him do all this to you."

"I'm used to it."

"But you shouldn't be. I don't know why he messes with you. He's never done that to me."

Beomgyu shrugged and licking his ice cream.

"Let's go home before mom starts worrying."

Beomgyu agreed.

...

"Goodnight, baby, mom loves you so so much." Beomgyus mom kissed his forehead.

"Mom, I'm not 10 anymore." Beomgyu smiled.

"I know, but you'll always be my baby, you and your brother."

"And you'll always be our sweet, loving, caring, beautiful mom." Beomgyu hugged her.

She smiled. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, mom, I love you."

"I love you too."