Chapter 16

As I sat in the library, my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Angel. I couldn't seem to shake him from my mind. Just then, a knock at the door interrupted my reverie.

"May I come in?" my Dad's voice sounded concerned as he peeked in through the door. I nodded in response, inviting him to join me.

"Is there something wrong, my dear? You look worried about something," he said as he settled down beside me, gently guiding my head to rest on his shoulder.

I hesitated, searching for the right words to express my thoughts, but nothing coherent came to mind. My anxiety about Angel's recent behavior made it difficult to articulate my feelings.

"Darling, you know you can tell me anything, and you don't need to force yourself if you're not ready," he reassured me, his comforting hand patting my head as he always did when I felt uneasy.

"Thank you, Dad," I finally spoke, looking up at him while still leaning on his shoulder. "It's about Angel, actually."

His concern deepened as he listened to me, and he offered a protective promise, "If he did something to you, I swear—"

"No, it's not that. He didn't do anything to me directly," I explained, still feeling uneasy about Angel's behavior.

"He looks scared, like he wants to tell me something but can't bring himself to do so," I continued, my thoughts racing. "And there's something else—I've been feeling like someone is watching me when I take my strolls."

Dad considered my words, reassuring me that it might just be his shadow, trying to ease my worries. However, I knew it wasn't his shadow; this feeling had persisted for a while now.

"I know it's not you, Dad. I always feel this way, especially since the day of our little fight," I confessed, curious about his reaction.

His expression turned serious, a familiar look of concern and protectiveness that I remembered from the times he found out I was being harmed or bullied at school.

"Tell me everything, every detail," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of venom, and strange symbols floated around him as he inquired further.

As I shared every detail, he listened intently, processing the information with a mixture of emotions. When I mentioned feeling this way since I took Angel to his workplace, he seemed particularly intrigued.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two months had passed since that day, and my Dad had been teaching me various skills, including voodoo and self-defense. He had become more at ease, believing that I could handle myself and didn't need constant protection.

Now, we were returning to the hotel, and I was feeling somewhat independent. But as we prepared to leave, Dad playfully reminded me of my conjuring abilities, which made me pout in embarrassment.

I just pack my things, and I forget about my abilities. That I could just conjure those thing I need, in just a wave of my hand.

As I walk out at my room my Dad just look at me, with his signiture smile of course and I just do the same. He offer his hand for me to take adn I gladly take it. He's offer is the only thing that I will gladly take without even thinking about it, because he is the only man and person I can trust here in hell.

"Don't worry, Darling," he chuckled. "You'll get used to it in no time." I just nod and look at him with a smile as I giggle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we arrived at the hotel, I couldn't contain my excitement. I kicked the door open dramatically, yelling, "WE ARE BACK, B*TCHES!"

Amidst the lively entrance, Dad looked proud of me and my theatrics.

"What an entrance, Darling," he said with a grin.

"WHAT!... WHAT ENTRANCE YOU POMPOUS, CHEESY, TALK SHOW SHITLORD!!!!" Vaggie yell at my Dad.

I just look at her with an annoyed face.wbo the hell she think she it talk to us like that.

"Nooo~ Idea!!! ha... hahahaa!!!" Dad said as he try to push her away to give us a way and Charlie just close the door behind us.

Vaggie's anger flared, and she immediately pointed her spear threateningly at Alastor, who seemed not even taken back by her sudden action. The tension in the room escalated, and I could feel my heart racing as I summoned my scythe, positioning it at Vaggie's neck as I look at my father, he just smile not threaten at all. My static voice grew even more ominous as I addressed her

"If... I were you Vaggata, I would never have done this in the first place and don't you ever... Say that you are just protecting Charlie and her hotel... Because I don't give a damn about what you fucking think... If really doing that then I guess I'm just doing the same thing and don't ever think about pointing your useless fucking toy at my father ever, ever, AGAIN"

"We can settle this in a good way... Right. But you must put that away from Alastor first, if you really want that to happen... Vaggie" Charlie said trying to easy the tension in the room.

My transformation had alarmed everyone present, and for a moment, silence hung in the air, heavy with uncertainty. Just then, Husker, Angel, and Nifty walked into the lobby, unaware of the intense situation unfolding.

Seeing my distress, Husker, even Angel and Nifty tried to break the tension in the room "I don't know what's going on, kid, but put that fucking thing down."

"He is right toots"

"Lady Y/n... Angel is right. Calm down... Please"

I hesitated, feeling torn between my desire to protect my father and my wish to just rip her inyo pieces. Slowly, I lowered my scythe, but my eyes remained on guard, ready to act if necessary as I go back to my normal form, Dad is not bothered about it because he already see my demon form.

Vaggie also lowered her spear, her initial anger now mixed with concern. "Look, I don't want any trouble either," she said, her voice shaky but sincere.

"Then shouldn't have done that in the first place" I mummble to myself but just enough for everyone to here. Vaggie just take a glace at me looking guilty.

"But Alastor, you need to explain yourself. You can't just do what ever you what in this place, s-so does she. Now explain yourself"Vaggie said trying hide the fact he is still tense about our little fight. I just smirk, my Dad saw this and just grin even bigger than before.

"My dear, there's nothing to explain. It's all in good fun, as always. No harm intended. After all it's not part of the contract that you can order me and my daughter around. I only gonna help here because I'm bored and to be entertain, so my action and my daughter is non of  your consern and especially business" he said still grinning and smilling confidently as he walk at me and pat my head like did before to easy my nerves.

Still wary, I kept my scythe close, but Husker stepped forward, trying to bridge the gap.

"Come on now, let's not turn this into a mess. We're all just here to get along, right?" Uncle Tony said  looking at me making sure that I'm already at my right mind. Sighing in relief that he already confirm that I'm already back in my normal state.

"I'm too old for this SHIT!!!" he said after walking away while drinking his cheap boose.

Angel and Nifty nodded in agreement, as they go in there different ways and I could sense the tension gradually easing. Though the unease lingered, we all took a collective breath, attempting to return to a sense of normalcy.

Reluctantly, I stowed my scythe away, trusting that my father's safety was no longer under immediate threat. But my mind still raced with questions, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something deeper was at play.

As we settled into an uneasy truce, I couldn't help but wonder what secrets and experince will I get here in hell in the future.