Chapter 17

I was roused from my slumber by an insistent knocking at my bedroom door. Groggily, I clutched the covers tighter, hoping the noisy visitor would eventually give up and leave me be. The rhythm of the knocks echoed in my head, each one growing louder and more persistent. Annoyance built up within me, and with a groan, I buried my head under the pillow, attempting to drown out the sound and return to the blissful embrace of sleep.

Knock.

Knock.

The relentless pounding continued, refusing to be ignored. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the knocking ceased. Relief washed over me, and I allowed myself a tired smile, thinking they had finally realized I wasn't going to answer. My eyes closed, and I began to drift back into slumber.

But my moment of triumph was short-lived. Abruptly, the covers were yanked away, exposing me to the cool air of the room. I gasped, sitting up in surprise, my heart racing. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, I found myself staring at my father, his expression etched with anger and frustration.

"WHAT TH--" I started, my protest cut short by his stern glare. Confusion mixed with guilt as I met his gaze, desperately trying to decipher what I might have done to warrant this unexpected wake-up call.

His voice was low, measured, and laced with displeasure. "You. And. I. Need. To. Talk. Little. Missy." The use of my full name, 'Missy,' sent a shiver down my spine. It was a name he reserved for moments when I had truly crossed a line, moments when my actions had disappointed him to the core.

I mustered a feeble attempt at innocence, giving him my best wide-eyed, 'What did I do?' expression. In the past, it might have earned me a reprieve, but this time, his resolve remained unshaken.

"You have one hour and thirty minutes to prepare and be in my office," he informed me, his tone reverting to its usual businesslike demeanor. Just as he turned to leave, his hand resting on the doorknob, he glanced back at me over his shoulder, his voice dropping to a chilling whisper. "And don't even think about escaping, Missy. You know better than to make me resort to measures you won't like."

As the door clicked shut behind him, I was left to grapple with a jumble of emotions. The pit in my stomach grew as I contemplated the impending conversation and the weight of whatever transgression had led to this confrontation.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath, my mind racing as I hurried to compose myself before the appointed time. A million questions buzzed in my head, each more bewildering than the last. What had I done? What did he mean by not escaping? The anxiety gnawed at me as I tried to prepare for the impending conversation that loomed over me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(before all of this happen let's make a flashback in Alastor little journey. Shall we)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alastor POV

I was taking my usual strolls as I find myself in the Cannibal Street, as my mind lost in thought. The early morning air held a chill, but his usings took precedence. Almost absentmindedly, he found himself walking in the direction of Rosie's shop, a sense of nostalgia tugging at his consciousness. It had been quite some time since he had engaged in one of their intriguing conversations.

As he walked, fragments of overheard conversations reached his ears, capturing his attention. The mention of a certain "Mark" and a gruesome scene intrigued him, and he discreetly eavesdropped on a conversation between a rat demon and a bat demon. The details of their macabre tale piqued his morbid fascination.