Chapter 22

I stroll down the hallway of the hotel, humming the song "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile." The memories of our night at the bar replay in my mind, and it's refreshing to have some fun after such a long time. Approaching my dad's office, I notice Angel exiting the door. Curiosity piqued, I hide in the corner to observe, especially considering he emerges unscathed – a rare occurrence after leaving my father's office.

When the coast is clear, I take a deep breath, straighten my posture, and instead of knocking politely, I decide to kick the door. As always nothing new. 

"DADDY!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs, wearing a smile that could rival a life-or-death situation. Honestly, I can't wait to share my idea about putting an end to the rumors that have been haunting us, both in this hotel and at home.

"Good morning to you too," Dad says, looking at me with that caring smile he reserves just for me. He snaps his fingers to fix the door, seemingly accustomed to such dramatic entrances.

"Good morning!!!" I reply, beaming at him like a wild animal.

"What is it?" he asks, clearly amused and intrigued.

"What do you mean?" I feign innocence, pouting at him.

"I know that tone and look, Darling. It's a sign that you want to tell me something," he says, locking eyes with me. "You can tell me anything. So, what is it?"

"Damn it," I curse.

"Language, Darling," he warns.

"Sorry," I mumble, looking down at the floor, taking a seat to gather my thoughts.

"I was just thinking... if you could broadcast the truth," I say, looking up at him. He seems not to like the idea, as mystical symbols float around him, and his eyes turn like dials, emitting random radio sounds.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!" he booms in his demon voice, glancing in my direction. I expected this, but it's worth a shot. I know he's worried, but he needs to face the fear of losing me, and I won't let that happen.

"Dad, this is the only way," I say, pleading with him.

"THERE ARE PLENTY OF WAYS, AND IT'S TO STAY QUIET ABOUT IT, AND YOU BEING HERE BY MY SIDE TO BE SAFE," he asserts, walking toward me.

"Dad, please listen to me," I implore.

"NO!!, YOU LISTEN TO ME, MISSY. YOU ARE STAYING HERE WITH ME, SAFE AND AWAY FROM HARM. YOU HEAR ME?" he demands, looking down and point his finger at me. I can see the he is  angry, but as I look at his eyes I can see that he is just worried.

"Dad, please. I'm not doing this just for me; I'm doing this for us. We can't keep running away from this problem, and I know you're worried," I say, tears streaming down my face. He changes back from his demon form and hugs me.

"I'm sorry darling... please don't cry you know that I hate seeing you cry like that" he said as he comfort me 

"You're right, Darling. I'm worried, and that's why I want you safe and far from danger. I can't lose you AGAIN," he confesses, holding me tight.

"You won't lose me, Dad, because I won't let that happen," I assure him, still smiling through my tears.

"It's just that your idea is a bit risky. You'll attract too much attention, and my title might put your life in danger," he explains, looking at me.

"Come on, Dad. You already said it yourself," I say, wiping my tears and chuckling a little.

"What do you mean?" he asks, intrigued.

"They didn't call you 'The Radio Demon' for nothing, and you're the most powerful overlord in hell, right?" I explain, looking at him while making my point.