LOSE the LIVING

"No, no, no. That's not true. Shoko you're pulling our legs right? He'd never... that's not true..."

Your firm stance turned into you muttering the same words over and over again, quiet as you shook your head.

Nanami stood next to you, frozen, unable to say a word. He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"But... I know he wasn't doing great but- why?"

Shoko shrugged, lighting a cigarette. "I couldn't tell you. He killed the entire village and fled. Killed his parents too. Why he would do it is beyond me."

She seemed too nonchalant.

"And you're okay... with this ?" Nanami asked.

"Well, they're still allegations right? We don't know for sure that he did it. Then again, there's a lot of evidence, so even if he didn't, he'd still get the same punishment."

"Shoko?" You asked softly. "Are you okay ?"

She seemed taken aback from the question but chuckled a moment later. "He's alive and fine. I'm sure he has his reasons for doing that. I don't agree with it, obviously. But I'm not going to do anything about it. I can't stop him. The world is his and Satoru's. I'm just here to watch whatever they do."

"But he's... we can never... I don't know, this is wrong. This is weird."

"I agree with Shoko senpai," Nanami sighed.

You turned to him in disbelief. Shoko seemed to get distracted by something, and walked off.

"I think after... everything. Everyone's changed. He had to deal with the Riko girl last year. And now Yu. At least Satoru is busy enough to stop himself from overthinking. Suguru and the rest of us don't have that luxury."

"Luxury?!" You repeated, eyebrows furrowed. "What about Satoru's situation seems luxurious? And siding with Suguru- he killed innocent people!"

"What? Are you already turning against him like everyone else ?" Nanami asked, feeling the frustration that you were yelling at him with. "We know why he feels this way, why he did it. You can't understand that, even a little bit?"

"No, and you know what, Suguru of all people should understand that best! He's the one who always talked about helping others! That's what sorcery is for, that's why we're here !"

"That's why we started here," Nanami answered. "But look what it's turned into! None of us are happy anymore Y/N! Who cares if sorcery helps others- it's killing the people we care about! We can just leave everything to Satoru, and if we did that  Yu would be alive!"

Nanami's chest heaved as he came off of his argument, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Oh, shut up, don't put this all on Satoru."

"I'm not doing that. And even if I was, you know it's true. The jujutsu world has no use for us."

"So what ?! That means we just leave everything to some 18 year old boy who has nothing?! Are you forgetting that by doing this, Suguru left Satoru! If he knows that everything can be better with Satoru, than why not support Satoru instead of doing- instead of massacring a whole village?! With innocent civilians!"

"That's enough!"

The both of you whipped your heads at the sound of that voice.

Satoru.

"Sator "-

"Don't say anything more Y/N. Let's just- stop. I don't want to hear about this."

You shared a glance with Nanami. "But this is... Satoru you can tell us how you feel"-

"Shut up Y/N!" That took you aback. "Didn't you hear me the firs"-

Satoru was interrupted by his phone ringing. Answering it quickly, his eyes widened at the first words spoken by the other person on the phone.

He was silent for the most part, but his expression looked pained as he took in what was being told to him.

Nanami whispered to you. "Are you okay?"

You nodded, mindless, as you watched Satoru react wordlessly to what he listened to.

Quickly he closed his phone and put it away.

"Go to your dorms today," Satoru said seriously. "Meet Shoko, she'll fill you in."

"Where are you going, Satoru?" You asked loudly as he turned around.

Satoru simply warped away.

To save Suguru.

But Satoru could not.

After all, he can only save those who are prepared to be saved.