9

Danielle's POV

I had set my alarm the night before to make sure that I got up at the time I needed to just to make sure that I could get some stuff done today before three this afternoon. At three, I planned to go to the band rehearsal. It was currently nine in the morning. I had to get ready, clean up my room, go to the store to pick up some stuff for my mom, and that should be it. I didn't know exactly what time I would get done with my errands, but I hoped get them done.

After I got dressed, I went around my room and picked up random articles of clothing that lie on my floor. I never really intend to have clothes on the floor; it just happens overtime. I'm not a messy person, so my room doesn't need much cleaning. All I really needed to do is pick up clothes and throw away empty bottles of water. It never took me a large amount of time to clean my room. I exited my room and joined my mom in the kitchen. She was sitting at the counter making a list.

"Do we need milk?" my mom asked, not even looking up to see me. I walked over to the fridge and looked inside, closing when I had enough of a glance.

"Yep," I answered. "Write down cereal. It's my go-to breakfast." I watched as my mom continued writing down what she needed from the store. "Are you going to give me money?"

She motioned her head towards the left of her where money laid on the counter. "That should be enough." I picked it up and counted. She was giving me a hundred dollars. "If it's not enough, put back your stuff."

"Mom!" I exclaimed. She looked up at me with a grin on her face.

"Of course, I'm kidding! That'll be more than enough. You don't have to get a lot stuff." She ripped the paper out of the notepad and gave me the grocery list. "I'm going by the pool store."

That caught me off guard. "Wait, you're not working today?"

"Not today," she chirped and jumped up from her seat. She grabbed her car keys. "I got to get some chemicals for the pool though. I don't ever get a day off, really." She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later." She left, leaving me alone in a big empty house. I decided there was no use to me waiting around any longer, so I slipped on some flip flops and grabbed my car keys and left my house.

I had only been gone five minutes when I received a phone call from Cassie. "Guess what," she said, pretty stern.

"Uh, what?" I asked. By the tone of her voice, I figured it would be some hot gossip. I would've guessed she heard someone was cheating on someone, but I was way wrong.

"I'm having surgery on Friday," she plainly spoke into the phone.

"What?" I yelled into the phone. I laid my phone on my shoulder and held it with my cheek, so I could drive with both hands.

"So you know how I usually have strep throat a lot?" Before I could even answer, Cassie was already telling me the rest of her story. "I went to the ENT this morning, and they scheduled me to get my tonsils out."

"Woah," was all I could say.

"You'll go to the hospital with me on Friday, right? Please?" She begged. I pulled into the parking lot of Wal-Mart.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "I'm going into the store, so I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, but hey, do you want to hang out today?"

"Mm..." I hesitated.

"Elle, do you have plans today?" Cassie asked.

"I could cancel." I thought about it; I probably shouldn't tell her I'm going to every band practice.