4

As we reached the building we decided that it was a bit late to continue working on the song but after the boat day tomorrow I would head back with him. He offered to take me to the boat tomorrow morning which I agreed to because I had no clue where it was. As we walked up to my door, our conversation didn't seem to fade out. In fact when we reached my door and it felt hard to say goodbye even if we were going to see each other in a few hours.

"So I'll see you tomorrow at what time?" I asked as I unlocked my door.

"I think everyone wants to meet up at around 10 to have breakfast before heading to the boat so I'll come get you at like 9:30 if that sounds good with you?"

"Of course. Just text me when you're coming down."

As we stood there for a bit not knowing how to say goodbye.

"well have a good night, it was nice being able to see you today." Charles said as he went in for a hug.

"yes thank you so much for everything." I said back before saying goodbye once again and heading into my place.

______________

liked by: charlesleclerc, lilymhe, francisca

liked by: charlesleclerc, lilymhe, francisca.cgomes, and 15,471 others
catalina.jacquet: en monaco 💌

comments....
user4617: Charles???? what are you doing here???

user3553: i know her next release is going to be SO good

lilymhe: so so happy to have you back <3
    |catalina.jacquet: i've never felt happier
    |lilymhe: hmmmm i wonder why 🧐

francisca.cgomes: so happy to have finally met youuu
     |catalina.jacquet: you are the sweetest ever 🤍

user5738: las luces las noches que fuimos de bares🎶
    |catalina.jacquet: la vez que peleamos y perdiste la llave🗣️

user2738: sometimes i forget that she's half mexican🧍🏻‍♀️

charlesleclerc: i take such good pictures
    |catalina.jacquet: don't get too cocky now

user4795: charles and lina??????? why do i love it??????

___________

I woke up the next morning and ran to take a quick shower as I had gotten up later than I had hoped. I texted Charles letting him know that when he was ready that my door was unlocked so he could come in as I was running a little late. As I finished getting dressed I packed all the things I'd need for the day as I wouldn't be coming home until late. I heard the door open and knew that Charles had come in.

"I'll be out in a second!" I yelled out before putting on my shoes and grabbing my bag.

I walked out into my living room to see Charles awkwardly standing by the door.

"Charles you could've had a seat." Laughing as he jumped a bit, not realizing I had come out.

"Oh I just didn't want to like barge in and you know-"

"Whenever you're here Charles you can do whatever you want as long as it's not like a crime or something." I said while doing my final checks making sure I had everything I needed.

"Okay I think I have everything." I said as I made my way over to him.

Charles reached down and grabbed my bag as he just kinda walked out like it was nothing.

"Lina you packed as if we're spending a week on that boat." He said laughing at the weight of everything.

"I mean you never know if I need to change or someone else needs something you can never be too prepared. And Charles I can take the bag it's fine." I reached for it as he pulled it away, slightly out of my reach.

"Now how would I look if I let you carry this heavy thing if I'm right here empty handed?"

"I'm also very capable of holding it-"

"yes you are. you're quite the independent girl I know you don't need the help but i did it anyways darling it's fine." He said as he pressed the button for the elevator.

_________

As we reached the doors of our building Charles looked over at me before stopping.

"There's probably paparazzi outside and since you're coming in the car with me they're going to get a little too close to us and take thousands of pictures. The security outside will be there and honestly they'll just get you into the car as fast as they can to make sure nothing happens." He looked at me seriously.

"I get it, let's just get in the car okay?" I said as I nudged him forward.

He nodded and headed out first holding the door so that I could pass him and get into the car. As we got out of the building the paps that were there instantly started throwing questions at both of and trying to get as close as possible for their shots. It was annoying that they couldn't respect Charles' privacy and that they felt so entitled they thought they could ambush us like that.

As I took my seat in the car I kept my head low the entire time while Charles put the bag in the trunk and took his seat in the drivers side and drove off.

"I'm so sorry about that." He said as he drove off to the direction of the Cafe we were meeting Lily and Alex at.

"Charles you're fine, you don't control any of that. I know it sucks that they can't just respect your space."

"I know there's nothing I can do I mean it comes with any job that is in the public eye but when they start to pester with my friends and my family it really makes upset. I know I'm a driver and I chose this life but everyone else was kind of thrown into this because of me."

"Charles I'm sure no one blames you for it really. Plus as my agent would say any publicity is good publicity." I said trying to lighten the mood.

We kept talking for a bit before Charles told me I could play some music. We talked about all our favorite genres and the people that inspire us. We sang to the songs we knew and got to know others that we didn't. The ride to the cafe was pretty short but it was a blast regardless. Everything, no matter the activity, no matter the people, no matter the place, everything just felt better when we were together. Even if romantically this wouldn't work, I knew that Charles was becoming someone very special and dear to me and I could only hope he felt the same.