9

The following week Charles and I were inseparable. If charles had to go somewhere for work I would be at the studio until he finished and i would hurry to whoever's apartment we planned on meeting at.

With the dutch gp just days away, part of my days were spent packing some of my things and helping charles pack his. I was going to be following him to the last few races of the season. I had already rented out studios in certain cities so that I could continue working on my nearly finished EP.

In fact the more songs that i had written the longer and longer the list that i wanted to put out. I had a talk with my team and everything was now in motion for me to instead release an album instead of my originally planned EP. It just didn't feel right to split all of these works apart when they all influenced the making of one another.

I had been sitting on my bedroom floor packing for our flight the next day when Charles had come into my apartment using the spare key i had given him.

"Lina?" He asked out loud.

"Bedroom!" I shouted out so he knew which room to come to.

"mon beau what are you doing here i thought you had a meeting?" I asked as he entered the room taking a seat on the bed in front of me.

"it ran shorter than they originally planned so they sent us home early."

"perfect that gives you more time to pack." I said getting up and dragging him out of the room.

"I already finished packing last night."

"Liar you were here last night."

"okay but i only have a few things left" he argued.

"well finish that first and then bring your stuff down and you can just stay here tonight." i said compromising with him.

______________

The next morning was hectic. It was a lot of running between both apartments getting anything's we may have forgotten while making sure to get down to the car they had gotten for us on time. Even if we were flying private, any delay in our arrival could potentially affect race preparations.

Once we had made it on the plane with everything we needed and on time, the goal now was to kill time. The flight was a short 3 hours but we had little to nothing to do. I asked Charles to take some pictures of me and slightly forced him into letting me take some of him.

I was serious about that soft launch and why not make our official post before being seen for the first time in the paddock.

liked by pierregasly, lilymhe, charlesleclerc, alexalbon, and 1,738,528 others

catalina.jacquet: does this count as a soft launch?

comments....

catalina.jacquet: guys i know he looks miserable but trust me i did not bully him into taking this picture 🥸🥸🥸
       |charlesleclerc: lying isn't nice

user6728: MOM AND DAD OMG

user5728: they're actually so cute together

lilymhe: why was i not made aware of this 🧍🏻‍♀️
      |catalina.jacquet: cause then it wouldn't be a surprise :(

charlesleclerc: ma belle🤍
      |catalina.jacquet: je t'adore🤍

user5738: they're so cute i could cry

user3628: she doesn't even know anything about the sport why would he be with her

user5682: he could have anyone and he chose her? im doing something wrong

user4682: he should've just gotten back with Charlotte
       |user5638: she literally cheated on him why would he go back? you jobless freak get a hobby

We got all our things as we got off the plane in Amsterdam. There was a car waiting for us on the tarmac that would take us straight to the hotel to avoid any crowds that had been forming in the airport.

I laid my head on charles shoulder in the car as his thumb rubbed circled on the back of my hand.

"I'm so happy you're here with me." Charles whispers almost as if his afraid if he says it any louder this peaceful feeling will shatter and go away.

"I wouldn't change it for the world."

He places a quick kiss on my head before laying his head on mine. We stay like that for the rest of the drive to our hotel, soaking in any last pieces of peace and calm before the busy schedule of the weekend a head of us.

The car slows to a stop at the front of the hotel that has fans waiting outside of it. It wasn't uncommon, most of the drivers were staying in the same place as it was the good distance from the track.

Charles grabbed my hand firmly squeezing it three times which i return. It had been a habit that he picked up the last few days but I wasn't complaining. The door swings open and Charles gets out first and helps me get out of the car before he shuts the door leading us into the building. As we walk I can hear the noise of pictures being taken. people are asking charles and i questions left and right. some people are yelling out their hellos while others spew weirds of hatred. It comes with the job it wasn't anything I wasn't used to.

We make our way inside and up to the counter where the lady hands charles the keycards to our room. We walk to the elevators that take us up to our floor that was bought out purely for ferrari's drivers and staff. We make our way to our room and I instantly crash onto the bed, Charles following shortly after.

We had a free afternoon as we had managed to get there pretty early. Tomorrow would be media day and friday would begin the practice sessions. Other than a meeting Charles had to go to later in the afternoon there was nothing else planned for us to do. We decided beforehand not to go out today and instead get all the rest in we could. I didn't know what lies ahead of us and i would be lying if i said i wasn't worried. This was our first race weekend of, hopefully, many. I didn't know how we would handle the stress of it all together but i knew that all i could do was be there for Charles every step of the way.