23

A month later the album was coming along very nicely. I had reached out to some people for collaborations and was waiting to hear back but we had 2 songs recorded and ready to go. We had already selected one as a single but were still considering the other ones not exactly finished.

I had been calling Lily as often as I could keeping her up to date with all my progress both emotionally and with the album. She was also telling me all the rumors that were coming from Monaco. Two weeks after we had broken up Charles was seen with the girl at the café wrong had went to with alex and lily. It hurt me bad but instead of posting something shady online, I used it as motivation to finish my album.

The album had become a collections of songs about the process i've been through post break-up. The process of coming to terms that things ended. The realization that this wasn't a break to wanting to see the worst of him but the memories making it impossible. Then it would lead into the angry and hurt songs. These reflected the confusion and hurt of trying to understand why. Why would someone who claimed to love you hurt you? That's as far as we had made it as that's pretty much everything that I had been thinking and feeling this first month.

My manager had called me and told me to make my official return to social media as I had basically disappeared since confirming the break up. It was something I was avoiding but I knew it had to be done at some point.