24

Sabrina and I had planned a small friend get together the night before valentines day. We would have it at my apartment as I had slightly more room and so I wouldn't need to leave Tarzan alone. He was still getting used to being home and I didn't want to suddenly leave him when everything's still so new.

I was walking around decorating my living room while Sabrina finished making some food and snacks for everyone. Shawn was also there as he was extremely tall and could help with almost anything. I  had become close friends with everyone Sabrina introduced me to. Our little duo had grown to an amazing group of people who had helped me heal hurt they didn't cause.

I looked around as we finished the final touches and I felt satisfied with how everything looked. I looked over at Shawn and smiled before walking over to the kitchen where Sabrina was.

"Do you need help with anything before I go get ready?"

"No I should be fine I just have to set these on the table." She said as I just nodded and headed into my room.

"Hey there little guy," I said petting Tarzan who had been laying on my bed.

"We're going to have a lot more people over than you're used to, you can stay in here all night if you want." I said as I walked into my closet to choose something to wear. I liked acting as if he understood me because many times he would act in a way that made me feel like he did.

"I'm going to have to give you a cute bow tie or sweater or something. If I'm dressing up so are you-"

"Are you talking to your dog?" Shawn said with a laugh.

I walked out of my closet with my outfit and hung it on the bathroom door.

"yes i am. do you want to choose what he wears while I do my makeup?" I said as i showed him where all his outfits and accessories were. He nodded and bent down to look through everything.

"I think he has more clothes than I do."

"I did go a little crazy when I first adopted him." I giggled as I sat down at my vanity.

We sat there talking while I did my makeup and Shawn tried to dress Tarzan up. I looked back to see his failed attempts of getting him into the sweater and smiled to myself before hurrying to finish up. I kicked Shawn out of my room so I could get changed and make sure everything was organized again.

————————

A few hours had passed and everyone was scattered around my apartment. Some were singing karaoke while others played random games or had separate conversations. I made my way out onto my balcony where I sat with Tarzan on my lap.

"This is not the valentines day i expected, but i mean it's not that i'm not happy, it's just weird." i said quietly to the sleepy dog.

"You wouldn't get it i guess." I mumbled as i looked up at the setting sun.

It felt odd. I originally had made all these plans to spend with Charles half way across the world. Now, I was sitting in my apartment with people that I didn't know a month ago. Over the past few weeks i felt a different kind of sadness as previously important dates passed by. It felt like I was grieving everything we didn't get to do. And what sucked is that it wasn't like Charles was dead or anything, he was just doing these plans with someone else. Me on the other hand, I hadn't substituted anyone in his place. So here I was, talking to my dog instead of being inside with my friends.

After a while I decided to head back in with everyone. I instantly got pulled into karaoke and I sang along to one of Sabrina's songs. We sang and danced a while longer until slowly everyone started leaving.

People had trickled out until it was only Nailea, Shawn, Sabrina, and I. We were sitting on the couch as Nailea was helping Sabrina choose what photos to post and Shawn and I were deciding on a movie.

"So how are you feeling?" Shawn asked.

"Doing fine, why do you ask?"

"You disappeared for a bit earlier, I saw you outside."

"Oh. um i just needed a breather."

He just nodded as he continued to look through the movies on netflix.

liked by shawnmendes, naileadevora, alexandrasaintmleux, and 428,947 others

catalina.jacquet: happy early valentines from me and my boy 💌

comments....

user5728: would you ever make him an instagram?
|catalina.jacquet: i've thought about it but everything i want to post of him i can just post it here :)

user2947: try not to serve cunt challenge and you failed 😻

lilymhe: you are literally perfection
       |catalina.jacquet: no u 😽

shawnmendes: i picked Tarzan's sweater btw🙋🏻‍♂️
      *liked by catalinajacquet!*

user4628: they'll be dating by summer calling it now

alexandrasaintmleux: you're so pretty !
      |user4568: yeah charles thought so too ! 🤗
      |user5828: hello???? 😭😭

user5729: oh nah 💀

user1572: ik the new girl of the month didnt just comment.....