17

A week had passed and we were now packing to head  up to the cold as part of Charles' pre season training. To say I was excited was an understatement. I had never been skiing before and from everything Charles had told me I was sure it was going to be fun.

"Make sure you pack more socks than normal in case you want to layer them." Charles reminded me as i ran around my apartment finding things to put in my suitcase.

My album had done way better than ever exoected but I knew a lot had to do with the fact that I had a lot of new people listening because of Charles. I didnt mind it but it was funny to see everyone freak out over all the songs.

To be honest i had never been one to write happy love songs. I had never even been in a relationship as happy and healthy as this one before. All of my songs from previous relationships were always depressing because thats how it all felt. I had written many songs admitting my faults in these relationships. However, there was also an overwhelming amount of songs about how i never felt enough or really loved to go along with those.

With Charles everything felt so different. I never had to fight to prove myself worthy of basic respect with him. I never had to beg him to stop liking other girls photos or to stop comparing me to his exes. I won't lie i've always felt like i didnt deserve him like he was too good for me but he had his ways of showing me that i did and that i was equally as good to him.

As we packed I looked up at him and smiled to myself before it quickly began to falter. I could see myself with him forever and the thought of that was equally as exciting as it was terrifying. The thoughts from New Years never really went away. Every moment i was with him there was a tiny voice in the back of my head telling me he didnt feel the same. But just as it would show up he would unknowningly do something to shut it down.

I know we rushed into this and I was scared that soon the excitement would wear off and he'd decide I wasn't what he wanted anymore. It felt like as of now I was some shiny new thing to him but what happens  when he gets used to me? The thoughts start flooding my mind as thousands of outcomes raced through my mind. I had never been this happy but would it last?

"are you okay Lina?" Charles said as he put his hand on mine.

Somewhere along the way while over thinking it had  stopped packing and spaced out. His voice snapped me back to reality.

"Yeah sorry i was just- yeah im fine." I said giving him a small smile as I went back to packing.

liked by: alexandrasaintmleux, charlesleclerc, lilymhe, and 792,253 others

catalina.jacquet: thank you all so much for all the love on the new album ❣️❣️ gonna take a much needed trip soon w/ my love to rest before starting some things for you guys ;))
tagged: charlesleclerc

comments.....

user9592: TOUR??????????

user4627: we're lowk getting fed so much charlina content i loveeeeee
       |catalina.jacquet: wait thats our ship name omg

user5728: i hate this (im single and bitter)

charlesleclerc: ⛷️🤍
        *liked by catalina.jacquet!*

user9372: SHES GOING ON THE SKI TRIP OMG

user2758: omg wait is one of the things TOUR???????
         |catalina.jacquet: that possibly maybe perhaps one of the things on the list🫣

user4382: A LIST?????

_________________

A/N- a very short filler chapter but summer break has started for me so i'll try posting when i'm not busy ! hope you enjoyed :))